Subject: [Seamoby] Section 5.2 in CT Requirements

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 04:14:16 -0700

Folks,

So recently I had another look at the CT Requirements document and I was
suprised to find Section 5.2. It says this:

    5.2 Transport Reliability

       This section is intentionally left blank as the working group is
       waiting for a questionnaire from the transport directorate. The result
       of the questionnaire will create requirements that will be added in this
       section in a later revision of this specification.

It is completely unacceptable that we sent this document to the IESG with this
section in it. When a document passes through last call, it should be complete.
As WG chairs, Pat and I naturally must accept responsibility for this, but this
should really have been caught in WG Last Call.

I would like suggest replacing Section 5.2 with the following:

    5.2 Transport Requirements

        This section contains requirements on the context transfer transport.

    5.1 Independence of Underlying Transport

        The context transfer solution MUST be independent of the underlying
transport. It SHOULD be possible to transfer
        context directly on top of reliable transports, such as TCP or SCTP,
unreliable transports, such as UDP, or as an
        option or extention on another protocol, such as handover signaling.

Comments?

            jak
   u

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby