Subject: [Seamoby] Proceeding Forward on Tightening Requirements

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:27:43 -0700

Folks,

We have been arguing about the requirements for CT for about a year and a half
now. It is time to draw the latest round to a close. We are way overdue to get
this done so we can start on the *real* work of designing the protocol. It's
time to set aside "visions" and philosophy and get back to the practical task at
hand: tightening the requirements up so the IESG will approve them.

In the next day, I'm going to send out a collection of emails which will contain
a summary of the proposals from the list to tighten the requirements. Each email
will have the following format:

1) A Subject line like this "Issue 1: <topic>"

3) A description of changes that have been proposed on this topic to tighten the
requirements. The changes are intended to be mutually exclusive.

2) A request to indicate whether you:

        a) APPROVE
        b) DISAPPROVE

each of the changes. You will be requested to indicate approval for only one of
the changes, since they are intended to be mutually exclusive.

You are also requested not to start long discussion threads around these
Subjects, but to simply indicate your preference. If you would like to start a
discussion thread, then please change the Subject (for example: Discussion on
Issue 1).

We will run the comment period for a week, until next Tues. At that point, Pat
and I will take a look at the comments and judge concensus. We will report the
concensus to Gary and to the list. As WG draft editor, Gary then will put the
concensus text into the document.

                jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby