Subject: [Seamoby] CAR Discovery Protocol Design Team

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:37:41 -0700

Folks,

After having discussed how to proceed with the CAR discovery protocol design,
Pat and I decided that the best idea would be to form a design team. We believe
this will result in the fastest possible base design, which the Working Group
can then refine to the final result. Because our requirements have not yet been
approved by the IESG, the design may have to be modified (even perhaps
drastically) if the IESG requires changes in the requirements, but rather than
wait for another 6 months, we would like to get started doing the design now and
deal with any proposed changes by the IESG as they arise.

Therefore, we have asked the following WG members to be on the design team:

        Ajoy Singh, co-team lead
        Marco Leibsch, co-team lead
        Daichi Funato
        Hemant Chaskar

We are asking that the design team have an initial draft into the drafts
directory by the 00 deadline for Atlanta, Oct. 28. This is an extremely
aggressive schedule, but since there are already two, very close designs, we
believe that the design team should be able to accomplish this task. We will
discuss issues with the initial draft on the list prior to the Atlanta meeting
and at the meeting.

The design team will operate in accordance with RFC 2026 rules about how design
teams are conducted, including keeping an archive of email correspondence. We
are encouraging them to hold frequent teleconferences, because the schedule is
somewhat aggressive.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby