Subject: [Seamoby] CT Design Team

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:45:43 -0700

Folks,

After some discussion, Pat and I decided to change plans for the CT design and
use a design team rather than collect and judge protocol submissions. Collecting
and judging protocol submissions would require first collecting the submissions,
then getting a panel together to judge, and this could take a while. We would
like to accelerate the process of getting a base draft for the WG to consider by
using a design team.

WG last call for the CT requirements closes on Wed., but we have announced the
team now so that they can start getting organized. Additionally, since the
requirements have not yet been approved by the IESG, we may need to make changes
(perhaps even drastic ones) if the IESG disagrees with our requirements.
However, we didn't want to wait another 6 months to get started so we are
proceeding optimistically. The team is:

                John Loughny, team lead
                Charlie Perkins
                Madjid Nakhjiri

We are asking that the team generate a 00 draft for the protocol by the Oct. 28
00 drafts deadline.

The design team will operate in accordance with RFC 2026 rules about how design
teams are conducted, including keeping an archive of email correspondence. We
are encouraging them to hold frequent teleconferences, because the schedule is
somewhat aggressive.

                        jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby