Subject: [Seamoby] Context Transfer Extension to Cellular-IP

From: Michael Georgiades <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:45:30 +0100

Hi all,

We have recently submitted a draft proposing to enhance cellular-IP
with a Context Transfer mechanism.  Could you please provide us with
your comments and feedback on the ideas proposed.

        Title           : Context Transfer Extension to Cellular-IP
        Filename        : draft-georgiades-seamoby-ctecip-00.txt

Abstract:

This Internet draft enhances cellular-IP mobility protocol with a
Context Transfer mechanism aiming to further optimise the handoff
operation in mobile networks. Within a cellular-IP domain, during the
handoff from one cellular-IP base station to another, cellular-IP
packets could be  used to initiate and transfer authorised context
from the previous cellular-IP base station via the cellular-IP
gateway to the new cellular-IP base station. This draft presents how
the context transfer extension introduced could facilitate in
reducing latency and packet loss by avoiding the signalling required
between the mobile node and the new base station  in  re-establishing
the desired state information.

The URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-georgiades-seamoby-ctecip-00.txt

Kind regards,

Mike

--
Michael Georgiades
Research Fellow
Centre for Communication Systems Research
University of Surrey
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH

Tel: +44 (0) 1483 683605
Fax: +44 (0) 1483 686011
www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/ccsr