Subject: [Seamoby] New Draft - CT & FMIPv6 Interactions in an L2-ST Anticipative Handover

From: "Raymond J. Jayabal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:29:19 +0800

Hi all,

Just submitted a draft on CT & FMIPv6 in a special handover case. Hope
you
can read & provide some comments on how plausible it is:

Link:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rjaya-ct-fmip6-l2st-ant-ho-00.
txt

Abstract:

   This draft was submitted to obtain comments for an experimental work
   in progress. It presents Fast Mobile IPv6 and Context Transfer
   interactions for a specific case of contextful, anticipative,
   network controlled and Layer-2 source-triggered IPv6 handover where
   one or more candidate access routers can be identified for selection
   as target. It is also meant to illustrate a case where it might be
   useful to:

   a) have Context Transfer messages as but options in handover
      negotiation messages (e.g., Fast MIPv6's HI/HACK messages)
      between Access Routers.

   b) have an additional flag in the Context Transfer Protocol Context
      Transfer Data message which indicates whether the new Access
      Router should install any context at all given that any one
      context fails to be installed.

   c) not make the Fast MIPv6 FBU/FBACK message exchanges mandatory
      where Layer-2 triggers are adequate, and lax the message sequence
      requirements of PrRtAdv and HI/HACK by the old Access Router in
      such a situation.

Best wishes,
Ray

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raymond J. Jayabal                 | ICR, A-STAR
[email-masked]         | 20 Science Park Rd #02-34/37
Tel: +65 6870 9330                 | Singapore 117674
------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "Raymond J. Jayabal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:29:19 +0800

Hi all,

Link:

Abstract:

Best wishes,
Ray