Subject: [Seamoby] Last Call on draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-02.txt

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:37:03 -0700

Folks,

The CT protocol draft is now available in the Internet drafts registry
at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-02.txt

Working Group Last Call starts today and runs until June 16. Please
read the draft and post comments and issues to the mailing list.

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: Lucian Suciu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 19:32:35 +0200

Hi,

I have two questions (surely stupid ones) for inter-domain cases :

Does the pAR transfer all the contexts in the case of 
pAR-internal-generated trigger?
Can the nAR request more contexts from pAR than MN indicated in CTAR 
message (sent only to nAR)?

Thanks,
Lucian

> at http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-02.txt
>

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:58:48 -0700

What do you mean by "inter-domain"?

As of now, the proposal is only meant to address transfer between two
routers that are inside the same ISP/enterprise network operator
controlled network, and not across two. It could, however, be used
between two routing domains within the same enterprise.

If this isn't clear from the draft, then perhaps we need to log an
issue to add clarifying text.

            jak

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 12:19:04 -0700

Hello Lucian,

> I have two questions (surely stupid ones) for inter-domain cases :

we do not make explicit distinction between intra-domain and
inter-domain cases. If the routers have required security
association, they should be able to do CT.

> pAR-internal-generated trigger?

yes, that's the default.

> message (sent only to nAR)?

No. The CT-Request message will carry a token supplied by the MN. This
token is inserted from the CTAR message and verified by pAR.
Now, the nAR _could_ separately request contexts not specified by the
MN. This is, however, not specified in the draft.

Regards,

-Rajeev

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 22:58:34 +0200

Yes, I have noticed in the last paragraph in Appendix D. 
that the draft is restricted to intra-domain.

However, the last but one sentence in Chapter 2. says:
"..., but this document does not restrict the context
transfer signaling to happen only within a single domain."

That is why I was a little bit confused.

Thanks,
Lucian

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:08:06 -0700

John,

We have issue #1.

            jak

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:17:33 +0200

Hi Rajeev,

Please see inline comments.

> association, they should be able to do CT.
OK.
> > pAR-internal-generated trigger?
The draft clearly indicates the default treatment when the list with contexts
is missing from the CTAR; yet, it says nothing in the case of a pAR internally
generated trigger...
> MN. This is, however, not specified in the draft.
OK.
> -Rajeev

Many thanks,
Lucian