Subject: [Seamoby] MobiCom 2003 Call for Posters, Demos, and Exhibits

From: Hiroyuki Morikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:56:06 +0900

ACM MobiCom 2003, the Ninth Annual International Conference on Mobile
Computing and Networking, will be held September 14-19, 2003, in
beautiful, sunny San Diego, California.  MobiCom is the premier
international forum focusing on all areas of mobile computing and
mobile and wireless networking at the link layer and above.  Technical
paper submission and selection for MobiCom 2003 is now complete, but
it is not too late to present your work at the conference.  MobiCom
2003 solicits posters for the Student Poster Session, as well as
research demonstrations and product or service exhibits that showcase
the state-of-the-art in mobile computing and networking systems.

STUDENT POSTER SESSION

MobiCom 2003 solicits student posters that present recent and on-going
research by students on mobile computing and mobile and wireless
networking topics.  Presenting a poster at MobiCom is a great chance
for students to obtain interesting and valuable feedback on their
on-going work from a knowledgeable crowd at the conference.

Poster proposals should be a maximum of 2 pages in length.  Although
posters don't need to describe completed work, the work should be
advanced beyond the initial stages.  The primary author of all poster
submissions must be a student.  Poster abstracts will not be published
in the conference Proceedings but will be published on the web before
the conference.  Poster submissions will be reviewed.  Authors of
accepted papers at the conference must not submit a poster of the work
presented in that paper.

For more information on the MobiCom 2003 Student Poster Session and
for detailed submission instructions, please see the Student Poster
Session web page at

    http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/posters.html

The deadline for submitting a student poster is July 31, 2003.
We will select approximately 20 of the most interesting and
thought-provoking posters by August 18, 2003 and notify the contact
author of each poster then.  For questions about the MobiCom 2003
Student Poster Session or the poster submission and review process,
please contact the Student Poster Session Co-Chairs Nigel Davies
<[email-masked]> and James Kempf <[email-masked]>.

DEMOS AND EXHIBITS

If you are implementing a ground-breaking system in your research that
you would like to demonstrate for your peers, please submit a proposal
of no more than 3 pages to the Research Demo Chair, David Maltz
<[email-masked]>, by July 25, 2003.

Demo proposals should include a description of the demo, the equipment
to be used, the demo layout and space required to set up the demo, and
possible interactions (interoperability or interference) with other
proposed demonstrations.  The basic facilities available will be those
typical of a hotel meeting room: power, table space, and poster
easels.  100Base-T and 802.11 network connections may be arranged if
required.  For more information on submitting MobiCom 2003 demos,
please see the Demos and Exhibits web page

    http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/demos.html

We are also planning an Expo at MobiCom 2003 featuring exhibits of the
latest mobile computing products and services.  If you are interested
in exhibiting your product or service at MobiCom 2003, please see the
Demos and Exhibits page of the MobiCom 2003 website for more
information.  Please also check our Corporate Supporters page for
information on how to support the conference and receive a free Expo
booth, web promotion, and complimentary registration for the
conference.

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby