Subject: [Seamoby] CARD issue#9: Reverse address translation - CARD vs. FMIPv6

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:43:25 +0200

Hi Vijay and all,

according to your review, issue#9 addresses the following:  

"section 3.1 Reverse address translation:
How does this fit in with the ProxyRtrSolict and ProxyRtrAdvert
in FMIPv6? FMIPv6 already does Reverse Address Translation
through these two messages."

[marco]: According to my knowledge, FMIPv6 considers only one 
L2 ID to be included in the RtSolPr message, which is the 
identifier of the handover target AP and to be resolved to
the IP address of the associated AR. Now, what CARD adds is
to allow a MN sending "multiple" L2 IDs to its current AR and
to retrieve associated CARs' IP address as well as capability
info. This allows performing discovery of CARs with the
RtSolPr/PrRtAdv protosol sequence, whereas standard FMIPv6
RtSolPr/PrRtAdv protosol sequence considers only target AP/AR
address to be conveyed, as far as I can see from the draft.

Could this be a motivation to allow CARD protocol 
piggybacking with FMIPv6?

marco

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:24:18 -0700

I guess issue 9 and 10 are related. I have replied to your
mail on issue 10.

Vijay

Marco Liebsch wrote:

> [marco]: According to my knowledge, FMIPv6 considers only one L2 ID to 
> be included in the RtSolPr message, which is the identifier of the 
> handover target AP and to be resolved to
> Could this be a motivation to allow CARD protocol piggybacking with FMIPv6?
> 
> marco
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>