Subject: [Seamoby] CTP Issue20: How to identify MN's with private addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:18:59 +0300

Hi all,

I've marked this as a possible reject, the text is as follows:

msg31 Author: jloughney Date: 2003-07-17.06:17:41 
I think for experimental, we sould focus on the optimistic 
cases.  This issue needs to be resolved before becoming a 
standards track doc.

msg21 Author: jloughney Date: 2003-06-27.12:17:46 
Section 2.4
   a. "The Mobile Node, for which context transfer protocol 
operations are undertaken, is always identified by its 
previous IP access address." - Is uniqueness of the address 
at the previous AR guaranteed? For example in the case of 
Mobile IPv4, MNs which have private addresses may use the 
FA advertised CoA and reverse tunnel to the HA. In that 
case there could be multiple MNs with the same IP address
(HoA). The FA is able to differentiate 
 
John

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:34:07 +0200

Agree.

        jak