Subject: [Seamoby] CARD issue#4 - CARD protocol piggybacking / Henrik's comment

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:08:09 +0200

Hi Henrik and all,

I am incorporating your comments into the issue list. I have an immediate
feedback on your comment related to issue#4.

You indicated the following:
"In appendix B.2, there is a note that it may not be
necessary to use FMIPv6 PRTSolPr and PrRtAdv, if MN-AR CARD
messages are exchanged, since the CARD messages convey all
the necessary information. This seems to make the
piggybacking of CARD on top of the PrRt messages irrevelant.
Is there some reason to do it, which is just missing from
the text? If not, this section should be removed and the messages
should be carried on top of UDP as in AR-AR case."

[marco]: From the current protocol operation of FMIPv6, this might be true.
But since the FMIPv6 protocol design has not been finalized, this
has been added into the CARD draft as a note. Too keep it flexible
and to be prepared for changes in FMIPv6 protocol spec, we took
"appending" CARD messages to FMIPv6 messages into account,
not "replacing" them.
 
What do you think?

marco

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby