Subject: Re: SSH -> Secure Shell renaming is *not* official.

From: Darren Moffat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:04:17 -0800 (PST)

I'm guessing here but the fact that there is a legal dispute going on
might be the reason why some people are unable to express an opnion on
wither or not to rename since by doing so it declares their companies
position on the validity of the trademark.

Maybe this is best disucussed in the meeting (or maybe not since it is
a very emotional issue).

--
Darren J Moffat

---

From: Kevin Steves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:33:51 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Darren Moffat wrote:
: I'm guessing here but the fact that there is a legal dispute going on
: might be the reason why some people are unable to express an opnion on
: wither or not to rename since by doing so it declares their companies
: position on the validity of the trademark.

no.

it is wrong to assume that someone posting with a some-entity.com
address represents some-entity's legal position on this matter, unless
the message clearly states that it does.