Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:51:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Shell Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SSH Protocol Architecture
	Author(s)	: T. Ylonen, T. Kivinen, M. Saarinen,
                          T. Rinne, S. Lehtinen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-08.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 05-Mar-01
	
The Secure Shell Remote Login Protocol is a suite of protocols for
secure remote logins and other secure network services over an insecure
network.  This document describes the overall architecture of the Secure
Shell protocols, as well as the notation and terminology used in the
protocol documents. It also discusses the algorithm naming system that
allows local extensions.  The Secure Shell protocol consists of three
major components: The Transport Layer Protocol provides server authenti-
cation, confidentiality, and integrity with perfect forward secrecy. The
User Authentication Protocol authenticates the client to the server. The
Connection Protocol multiplexes the encrypted tunnel into several logi-
cal channels.  Details of these protocols are described in separate doc-
uments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.