Subject: RE: Draft draft of coming sftp revision...

From: Richard Whalen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:07:10 -0400

Is there a good reason for changing the relative order of times and
permissions in the file attributes?  The change makes it harder to program a
client/server that can handle either.

draft-02:

   	uint32   flags
   	uint64   size           present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_SIZE
   	uint32   uid            present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_UIDGID
   	uint32   gid            present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_UIDGID
   	uint32   permissions    present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_PERMISSIONS
   	uint32   atime          present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ACMODTIME
   	uint32   mtime          present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ACMODTIME
   	uint32   extended_count present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_EXTENDED
   	string   extended_type
   	string   extended_data
   	...      more extended data (extended_type - extended_data pairs),
   		   so that number of pairs equals extended_count

draft-draft:
   	uint32   flags
   	byte     type		always present
   	uint64   size           present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_SIZE
   	string   owner          present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_OWNERGROUP
   	string   group          present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_OWNERGROUP
   	uint32   atime          present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ACMODATIME
   	uint32   ctime          present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ACMODCTIME
   	uint32   mtime          present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ACMODMTIME
   	uint32   permissions    present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_PERMISSIONS
   	string   acl		present only if flag SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_ACL
   	uint32   extended_count present only if flag
SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_EXTENDED
   	string   extended_type
   	string   extended_data
   	...      more extended data (extended_type - extended_data pairs),
   		   so that number of pairs equals extended_count

---

From: "Joseph Galbraith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:22:13 -0600

Good catch.  I've reordered them.  See my
next message for more about times.

- Joseph