Subject: nit in draft-ietf-secsh-connect-25.txt

From: Anil Madhavapeddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 07:03:50 +0100

In Section 6.10 (Returning Exit Status) of draft-ietf-secsh-connect-25.txt,
the formatting of the "exit-signal" packet is different from the
rest and indented incorrectly.  Breaks my spec-extraction regexp,
hence the motivation to point it out :)

-- 
Anil Madhavapeddy                                 http://anil.recoil.org
University of Cambridge                          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk

---

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 05:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Anil,

> hence the motivation to point it out :)

That was noted and corrected several months ago.  The IDs are now in the
RFC Editors queue so it's not appropriate to re-spin them.  I'm
maintaining the list of nits here:
  http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/secsh-wg/2005-april-6/lastnits
and I've let the RFC Editor know that the documents with the corrections
are here:
  http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/secsh-wg/2005-april-6/
The differences in indentations are mostly due to the xml.  When a 'list'
was used, usually because of a reference in one or more of the lines, then
it is automatically indented.  When 'artwork' is used then the indentation
is manual.  I'll look into straightening them out.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:12:42 -0400

> hence the motivation to point it out :)

Thank you for checking for this.

The construction and use of automated tools to parse and syntax-check
specification languages in ietf specs is encouraged by the IESG.  See:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/pseudo-code-in-specs.txt

The packet-format description language used in the ssh specs is..
minimalist so I imagine there isn't much to your regexps.  but every
little bit helps.

						- Bill