Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Shell Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SSH Public Key File Format
	Author(s)	: J. Galbraith, R. Thayer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-8-22
	
This document formally documents an existing public key file format
   in use for exchanging public keys between different SSH
   implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:41:05 -0400

I believe that the recently posted -09 revision of
draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile resolves the one remaining issue raised
during Last Call and that there is WG consensus to publish it as an
Informational RFC.

I'll be drafting a publication request for Sam in the near future.

						- Bill

---

From: der Mouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:14:30 -0400 (EDT)

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt

Proofreader-style comments, for what they're worth:

Line 296:
   This field is used to store the login-name that the key was generated
s/-/ /

Line 313
   existing implementations fail if these quotation marks are omitted
s/$/./

Line 324:
   New headers that are of the from "x-" are considered experimental,
s/from/form/

Line 588:
   solely one it's 2nd-preimage resistance, not on it's collision-
s/one/on/
s/it's/its/g
s/collision-/collision/

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       [email-masked]
/ \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B