Subject: 64th Ietf...

From: Joseph Galbraith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:16:56 -0600

I know we aren't meeting... but I will be there if anyone
that feels strongly about the SFTP draft wants to hook up
and hash out differences :-)

Thanks,

Joseph

PS. This also serves as a test post to see if this list is
still alive :-)

---

From: der Mouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:27:26 -0400 (EDT)

> PS. This also serves as a test post to see if this list is still
> alive :-)

Well, it seems to be at least mostly alive.

But my post of 2005-10-21 00:50 -0400 seems to have fallen into a black
hole.  I wonder what's wrong....

I'll ping ietf-ssh-owner and see if they have anything to say.  Thanks
for the help; it seems to be distinctive to me, whatever it is.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       [email-masked]
/ \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:22:54 -0400

> hole.  I wonder what's wrong....

The text part of the hexdump included in the message body triggered a
spam filter (three characters in a row with the 0x80 bit set) by using
the iso-latin-1 centered-dot character (code 0xb7) instead of the more
typical ASCII '.'.

it landed in a mailbox which I check about once a day because it's
normally just paypal and ebay phish attempts.

I just approved it and it should have gone through to subscribers.

					- Bill

---

From: der Mouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:27:41 -0400 (EDT)

>> But my post of 2005-10-21 00:50 -0400 seems to have fallen into a
>> black hole.  I wonder what's wrong....
> The text part of the hexdump [tripped filters] by using the
> iso-latin-1 centered-dot character (code 0xb7) instead of the more
> typical ASCII '.'.

I'll try to remember to avoid that when writing to the list in the
future.  I also may add a way to restrict the text part of hex dumps to
ASCII....

> I just approved it and it should have gone through to subscribers.

Yes; indeed, I've already received my on-list copy.  The list filters
rather mangled the non-ASCII stuff (most of it turned into question
marks, but there are fewer question marks than there were
centered-dots), but for the purposes of the message that doesn't really
matter.  (I wouldn't even mention it here except that otherwise anyone
looking at it could be somewhat dismayed by how the text and hex parts
of the dump don't seem to match up.)

Since I'm already writing, I'd also like to apologize to Bill for
rattling his cage about this prematurely.  List admin is a thankless
enough task already without his catching unnecesary heat because he's
not watching the quarantine mailbox closely enough to catch this right
off the mark.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign

---

From: Joseph Galbraith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:21:32 -0600

> and hash out differences :-)

Or a PKI expert interested in consulting on the x.509
draft... oh please, oh please, oh please :-)

Thanks,

Joseph