Subject: draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256 posted

From: denis bider <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 05:34:25 +0000

I have posted the draft at IETF. Info here:

----- Original Message -----

A new version of I-D, draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Denis Bider and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256
Revision: 00
Title: Use of RSA and DSA Keys with SHA-2 256 in Secure Shell (SSH)
Document date: 2015-11-01
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 6
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256-00

Abstract:
  This memo defines algorithm names, public key formats, and signature
  formats for use of RSA and DSA keys with SHA-2 256 for server and
  client authentication in SSH connections.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Damien Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 10:05:06 +1100 (AEDT)

Hi,

Thanks for starting this discussion.

I'm against further use of DSA. Its weaknesses are well documented and
IMO we should deprecate it rather than attempting to renovate it.
The bit in your draft about deterministic k is nice, but it's not a
MUST and many developers will just do the expedient thing and use
whatever their crypto library provides.

You might want to specify rsa-sha512 too.

-d

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015, denis bider wrote:

> URL:           
> https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rsa-dsa-sha2-256-00.txt