Subject: [sfc] RFC 9145 on Integrity Protection for the Network Service Header (NSH) and Encryption of Sensitive Context Headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 09:22:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9145

        Title:      Integrity Protection for the Network 
                    Service Header (NSH) and Encryption of 
                    Sensitive Context Headers 
        Author:     M. Boucadair,
                    T. Reddy.K,
                    D. Wing
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9145

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9145

This specification presents an optional method to add integrity
protection directly to the Network Service Header (NSH) used for
Service Function Chaining (SFC). Also, this specification allows for
the encryption of sensitive metadata (MD) that is carried in the NSH.

This document is a product of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC