Subject: Re: [sidr] One and only one RPKI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:57:51 +0000

if indeed there is agreement on one and only one RPKI, then
one of the primary advantages of using the IP protocols will
be lost.

there is -zero- requirement for full, continious interconnectivity
in the base IP protocol. creation of a mandate for a single, one
and only RPKI, forces folks into an always on, always connected
mode ...  and i am not sure how well this presumption will work
for things like mannet/monnet networking.

--bill

_______________________________________________
sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:48:41 +0900

> for things like mannet/monnet networking.

it's even worse than that.  an rpki based on rfc 3779 extensions to
x.509 does not even work with the martian/venusian network which uses
campai routing with non-contiguous netmasks as desribed in

Paul Tsuchiya*, "Efficient and Flexible Hierarchical Address
Assignment," Proceedings INET 92, Kobe Japan, June 1992 [0]

and rfc 1219.

randy

--

[0] - embarrassingly, the isoc seems unable to keep all papers presented
      at its conferences online.
_______________________________________________
sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr