Subject: [sidr] the meaning of the RPKI

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:48:12 -0500

> i think we are missing something more basic, a clear, simple, concise,
> terse, and rigorous definition of the semantics of a roa.
>
> then, and only then, can we start to discuss the need/use of a boa.

This seems to be a divergent view from the recent proclamation that  
BOAs are nothing more than ROA "syntactic sugar". Or is it an evolved  
(mis)understanding?

If nothing else, BOAs have brought to our attention that there is lack  
of coherent understanding regarding the deployment of a catholic  
RPKI.  Is its true purpose merely to give us faith that what has been  
published is the true word, or must all relying parties interpret the  
bits devoutly?  If there is no strict adherence to devotion, shouldn't  
the available expression of the bits also be less limiting?

-andy

_______________________________________________
sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr