Subject: [sidr] SIDR Co-chair

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:05:59 -0500

Geoff and I have decided that Geoff will step down as co-chair of SIDR. This will allow Geoff to focus on the technical work that he has done as co-author of many of the SIDR WG documents. As routing AD I feel that it is difficult to keep the co-chair and author roles distinct, and I would prefer that Geoff focus on the technical work (which is after all the point of any WG).

I would like to thank Geoff for his contributions as SIDR Co-chair, and also for the excellent technical work that he has done and is continuing to do for the WG.

Thanks, Ross

---

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:14:44 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Since the first sidr BOFs, as a first time wg chair, I have benefited 
greatly from Geoff's guidance on wg chair duties.  I've also been grateful 
for his technical contributions in so many of the core sidr wg drafts and 
in the discussions in this wg.

It has been clear that combining the roles of wg chair and technical 
editor of so many documents has been a difficult balance to keep.  I hope 
that this move makes that part of Geoff's life a bit easier.

Of course, Geoff is now in a position to criticize the leadership of the 
wg freely.  I hope that I have learned enough under his tutelege and 
example to do well.

I look forward to his increased participation in the wg discussions.

--Sandy