Subject: [sidr] Call for input: RPKI Browser

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:06:14 +0100

Hi,

  we started with the development of a browser that provides a graphical 
user interface to the objects of the distributed RPKI repository. A very 
preliminary version is available here http://rpki-browser.realmv6.org/.

  As we think such a tool could be useful for the community, we are 
asking for input at a very early stage. Please let me know which 
features you would like to see in such kind of tool.

  Some more details are described here 
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/waehlisch/call-for-input-rpki-browser

Thanks
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:04:17 -0200

Hi Matthias,

We indeed believe that such a tools is badly needed. We created
something that provides some similar features, but it is definitely less
mature than yours.

http://tools.labs.lacnic.net/visor/set

You can navigate through the hierarchy but you have to click through the
manifests. But it works, and has proven *very* useful.

One feature that perhaps your tool could use is the ability to either
upload a cert and/or point the browser to a specific URI, so you can
browse non-production or non-official repos.

regards

-Carlos

---

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 15:39:43 +0100

Hi Matthias,

We have been thinking of building a similar graphical UI for browsing the RPKI tree into our validator, but we haven’t had the time to work on it so-far, and we have quite a few other things to work on as well. What is your future plan with this? Are you planning to provide this as a service, or do you envision this is a tool that people can run locally? Is it open source?

I like the initiative and I think it’s a useful concept. I played with the filter to search for a resource, and I would like to suggest that if I search for example for a prefix that maybe I should also see more specific matches. For example if I now search for 84.205.80.0/19 I see the certificate issued to RIPE NCC operations, but it doesn’t show the ROA for 84.205.80.0/24.

Cheers
Tim

On 28 Nov 2014, at 11:06, Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr