Subject: Re: [sidr] Call for input: RPKI Browser

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 00:35:05 +0100

Hi Tim,

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, Tim Bruijnzeels wrote:

> We have been thinking of building a similar graphical UI for browsing 
> the RPKI tree into our validator, but we haven’t had the time to work 
> on it so-far, and we have quite a few other things to work on as well. 
> What is your future plan with this? Are you planning to provide this 
> as a service, or do you envision this is a tool that people can run 
> locally? Is it open source?
> 
  both, we will release the source code such that people can run it 
locally, and also provide public access to a running server.

  From our side, we want build a more elaborated system for monitoring 
and inspection of RPKI objects. The browser is one component.

  We are very open for collaboration, and would like to extend the 
browser to a state where people enjoy using it.

> I like the initiative and I think it’s a useful concept. I played with 
> the filter to search for a resource, and I would like to suggest that 
> if I search for example for a prefix that maybe I should also see more 
> specific matches. For example if I now search for 84.205.80.0/19 I see 
> the certificate issued to RIPE NCC operations, but it doesn’t show the 
> ROA for 84.205.80.0/24.
> 
  OK.

Cheers
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net