Subject: [sidr] you gotta love as==0

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:35:41 +0100

go to http://rpki.me/quality.html#dl,RIPE,yellow,0,80.128.0.0/11,11 and
click on the + to expand.  make kinky corner features and you find
yourself in twisty corners.  it's correct in spec, but yuchhh.

randy

---

From: Alex Band <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:41:08 +0100

It's Deutsche Telekom who made it and by the looks of it, very deliberately:

http://localcert.ripe.net:8088/roas?q=80.128.0.0/11
http://localcert.ripe.net:8088/bgp-preview?q=80.128.0.0/11

https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/lookup.html?source=ripe&key=80.128.0.0%20-%2080.159.255.255&type=inetnum

Cheers,

Alex

> On 16 Mar 2015, at 16:35, Randy Bush <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr
>

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:07:16 -0300

Who operates rpki.me ?

---

From: Daniele Iamartino <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:11:03 +0000

> Who operates rpki.me ?
me. part of my master thesis. BGP data is taken from LINX routeviews
monitor and latest version of rpki repos validated with rcynic, in case
you are wondering about that.

-- 
Daniele Iamartino
Student at Politecnico di Milano, Italy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:11:04 +0100

> Who operates rpki.me ?

Daniele Iamartino <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:04:48 -0300

Indeed I was, thanks!

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 21:01:32 +0100

Huh. I don't really understand what DT is trying to say here --
80.128.0.0/11 can be announced from 3320, but shouldn't be used?

Rudiger?

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: "Montgomery, Douglas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:30:00 +0000

I hope that isn’t what DT is trying to say, because origin validation
doesn’t work like that.

Something of a “backstop” ROA?  If the ROA for the real origin should
disappear, accept no alternatives???

Also interesting are the /13-13 and /11-11 ROAs for the same P/O pair.

Maybe this is a new party game - guess the routing policy given a set of
ROAs.

dougm
— 
Doug Montgomery, Mgr Internet & Scalable Systems Research at  NIST/ITL/ANTD