Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-publication-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:41:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : A Publication Protocol for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)
        Authors         : Samuel Weiler
                          Anuja Sonalker
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-publication-08.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   This document defines a protocol for publishing Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RPKI) objects.  Even though the RPKI will have many
   participants issuing certificates and creating other objects, it is
   operationally useful to consolidate the publication of those objects.
   This document provides the protocol for doing so.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-publication/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-publication-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-publication-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:44:28 -0400

Protocol simplification (!) per discussion with Oleg.

My co-author Sam Weiler did the heavy lifting on this revision, I just
came in at the last minute to whack RelaxNG and example XML.  Thank
Sam for the good bits, blame me for the mistakes :)

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:12:01 -0400 (EDT)

> Protocol simplification (!) per discussion with Oleg.

The changes in -08 are based on Oleg's astute observations that:

-- per-PDU success messages aren't really helpful, especially if every 
update is tagged, and

-- interleaving the list command with changes could be ambiguous and 
probably isn't useful.

Full list of changes:

-- a single success message replaces per-PDU success responses
-- tag is now mandatory on publish/withdraw
-- list command must standalone; cannot be combined with changes
-- no tag on the list command, since it can't be combined
-- added an error code for XML errors
-- incremented the protocol version number
-- some rearrangement of text