Subject: [Sidrops] Protocol Action: 'BGP RPKI-Based Origin Validation on Export' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 09:08:16 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP RPKI-Based Origin Validation on Export'
  (draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIDR Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress/

Technical Summary

This document highlights an important use case of origin validation in eBGP 
egress policies, explaining specifics of correct implementation in this 
context. As the origin AS may be modified by outbound policy, policy semantics 
based on RPKI Origin Validation state MUST be able to be applied separately on 
distribution into BGP and on egress. This document mandates BGP implementations
 supporting RPKI-based origin validation to provide the same policy 
configuration primitives on egress as they are available for ingress and route 
redistribution.

Working Group Summary

  The document went through the review at WGLC to include comments/suggestions/
  changes. The conversation in the WG mail-list and meetings was productive and  
  the chairs believe this document is ready to progress.

Document Quality

The document is simple, clear and concise. There are no nits nor is the 
document controversial.

Personnel

Keyur Patel  ([email-masked]) is Document Shepherd
Warren Kumari ([email-masked]) is RAD!