Subject: [Sidrops] IRTF - An "interim" workshop on Evolving Routing Security in the Internet

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:41:46 -0400

Hi there,

I stumbled across an announcement of a workshop on Evolving Routing
Security in the Internet on the IRTF list:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/irtf-discuss/1TshQOGrKGe-5QsLn7OeYwa3_vg/

And figured it might be of interest to SIDROPS/GROW, etc.

---
[irtf-discuss] An "interim" workshop on Evolving Routing Security in the
Internet
Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> Thu, 16 September 2021 10:19 UTCShow
header

Hi,

We've put together a small workshop on Evolving Routing Security in the
Internet to be held on Thursday 30th September at 3pm UTC [1]

Our objective is to bring relevant information and research to the routing
community and spark discussion about routing research.

Attendance is open and free.

Meeting materials will be at
https://github.com/danielkinguk/sarah/tree/main/conferences/security-worksho
p

We will use Webex :
https://htf-paris.my.webex.com/htf-paris.my-en/j.php?MTID=mc8bb1a7bcda855d14
060678f65272117 and stream the meeting on YouTube at
https://youtu.be/V9CZC42BTDc

Our agenda for this meeting features three presentations and a period for
open discussion.
* Mutually Agreed Norms for Routing Security
   Andrei Robachevsky, Internet Society
* Lightweight blockchain assisted secure routing of swarm UAS networking
   Houbing Song and Jian Wang, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
* On-Demand Blind Packet Forwarding
   Irfan Simsek, University of Duisburg-Essen

We hope you can fit this into your schedule.

(Please note, this is not an IETF/IRTF meeting, but we thought the IETF/IRTF
community would be interested.)

Best,
Adrian and Dan

[1]
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210930T150000&p1
=1440&p2=tz_pt&p3=tz_et&p4=tz_bst&p5=tz_cest&p6=tz_cst-china

----

-- 
Perhaps they really do strive for incomprehensibility in their specs.
After all, when the liturgy was in Latin, the laity knew their place.
-- Michael Padlipsky