Subject: How to filter exe attachments with sieve script

From: Octavio Uribe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 01:33:13 -0600 (CST)

Hi, somebody know how to filter exe attachments
(discard or reject) with a sieve script?

Thanks in advance

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
La emoción e intensidad del deporte en Yahoo! Deportes. http://deportes.yahoo.com.mx

---

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:21:44 -0800

> (discard or reject) with a sieve script?

The Sieve language was written with no tests against the body of a message.
It was deemed to be too costly to have to search the content of a
potentially very large message.  However you may find some implementations
that support some kind of extension test that allow you to check the content
of a message.  One example is in www.mailsite.com where there is an "x_body"
extension that allows you to do stuff like this:

x_body :regex "filename=".+\.exe"

Nigel

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
To: "Octavio Uribe" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: How to filter exe attachments with sieve script
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:21:44 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]

> (discard or reject) with a sieve script?

The Sieve language was written with no tests against the body of a message.
It was deemed to be too costly to have to search the content of a
potentially very large message.  However you may find some implementations
that support some kind of extension test that allow you to check the content
of a message.  One example is in www.mailsite.com where there is an "x_body"
extension that allows you to do stuff like this:

x_body :regex "filename=".+\.exe"

Nigel

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 01:33:13 -0600 (CST)
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Octavio=20Uribe?= <[email-masked]>
Subject: How to filter exe attachments with sieve script
To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

Thanks in advance