Subject: Drafts and status

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:39:17 -0400

Hi folks,
Here is a list of current SIEVE drafts and their status as far as I can 
tell. Please let me know if I have missed any or if any of the information 
below is incorrect.

draft-melnikov-sieve-imapflags-06.txt

        Open issues remain. Rob sent message to list 24-Feb-2004 proposing
        some changes. No further discussion. I believe there are several 
implementations
        of this.

draft-showalter-sieve-vacation-05.txt

        Draft is in 'DEAD' state in  ID-tracker. This needs to be addressed.
        Ned (then AD) sent comments to the list on 25-Jan-2004. These have
        yet to be addressed. There is really not much that needs doing to
        this so we ought to get it out soon. There are many implementations 
of this around.

draft-murchison-sieve-regex-07.txt

        Draft has EXPIRED. Last set of open issues were to do with i18n and
        back references. There are several implementations of this around.

draft-martin-managesieve-04.txt

        Draft has EXPIRED. Ned (then AD) sent comments to the list on
        12-Nov-2003. These have yet to be addressed. There was also an
        issue with interaction with include extension. I think its up
        to the CMU folks to move this forward...

draft-martin-sieve-notify-02.txt

        Draft has EXPIRED. No recent activity on the list.

draft-degener-sieve-body-02.txt

        Draft still active. There seem to be several implementations of 
this around.

draft-daboo-sieve-include-02.txt

        Draft still active. Recent update published. I know of one 
implementation to date.

draft-homme-sieve-variables-02.txt

        Draft has EXPIRED. No recent activity on the list.

draft-degener-sieve-multiscript-01.txt

        Draft has EXPIRED. No recent activity on the list.

draft-degener-sieve-editheader-01.txt

        Draft still active. Some comments on the list back in January.

draft-degener-sieve-copy-03.txt

        Draft still active. Recent update published. Ned (then AD) sent
        comments to the list in January. He indicated the draft was very
        close to being done.

draft-elvey-refuse-sieve-02.txt

        Draft still active. Some comments on the list back in May.

draft-daboo-sieve-mime-00.txt

        Draft still active. Several comments after initial publication in
        March. Possible overlap with Tony's 'loop' extension. More
        discussion required.

draft-madanganeshv-sieve-remove-attach-00.txt

        Draft has EXPIRED. Some comments on the list back in February. This
        too may have overlap with 'mime' and 'loop' extensions.

draft-madanganeshv-sieve-stat-01.txt

        Draft still active. Some comments on the list back in February.

draft-hansen-sieve-loop-00.txt

        Draft recently posted. Recent discussion about overlap with 'mime'
        extension. More discussion required.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:01:13 +0100

Cyrus Daboo wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Here is a list of current SIEVE drafts and their status as far as I 
> can tell. Please let me know if I have missed any or if any of the 
> information below is incorrect.
>
>        some changes. No further discussion. I believe there are 
> several implementations
>        of this.

This draft depends on Sieve variable, which is the major issue.

---

From: Rob Siemborski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:01:28 -0400 (EDT)

>       to the CMU folks to move this forward...

I've sent email to Tim several times asking him to either fix the draft or 
send me the source so that I can take it over, and neither has happened.

Is there a fast way to convert an ID into nroff or XML source?

-Rob

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Rob Siemborski | Andrew Systems Group * Research Systems Programmer
PGP:0x5CE32FCC | Cyert Hall 207 * [email-masked] * 412.268.7456
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----
Version: 3.12
GCS/IT/CM/PA d- s+: a-- C++++$ ULS++++$ P+++$ L+++ E W+ N(-) o? K- w-- O-
M-- V-- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP+ t+@ 5+++ X- R@ tv-- b+ DI+++ D++ G e++ h+ r- y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

---

From: Madan Ganesh Velayudham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:56:52 +0530

Thanks Cyrus,

 >        Draft still active. Some comments on the list back in February.

I will be not attending this IETF. Will update it and discuss thru Jabber.

Thanks
MG

-- 
            Madan Ganesh Velayudham  +91 80 2205 3108
-------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:59:45 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there a fast way to convert an ID into nroff or XML source?

Not that I know of. I've always done it manually, usually while sitting
in airport departure lounges.

				Ned