Subject: another implementation issue

From: Sorin Suciu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:01:14 +0300

another question that was not answered in the rfc concernes the 
address test. If I have an address test with the :localpart or :domain tag,
what is to apear in the seccond string list: full valid addreses, local 
parts and domains or both?
    what if I have the :all tag, do I have to test for valid addresses 
in the seccond list?

Thank you for your pacience
Sorin Suciu

---

From: "Mark E. Mallett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:09:11 -0500

> parts and domains or both?

My interpretation is that the second string list merely has strings,
to be compared against the specified address parts.  I think that's
what the RFC wording says:

   It returns true if any header contains any key in the specified part
   of the address, as modified by the comparator and the match keyword.

> what if I have the :all tag, do I have to test for valid addresses 

Treating the second list as "keys" to match against, I would say no. 

mm