Subject: Re: implementation issues

From: Sorin Suciu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:16:37 +0300

so, if i understand this correctly we have the following receipe for a 
perfect implementation:
- reject can only be by itself and only once (eventualy with stop)
- keep can apear with any action (except reject) several times, and a 
move to Inbox (or similar) will be executed once
- discard can apear with any action (except reject maybe) several times 
and the result will be a discard only when soley discard actions are 
present
- fileinto can apear several times with any action (except reject) and a 
move to the specified folder will be executed (if a move to the same 
folder is specified is not to be treated as an error but a duplicate 
move will not be performed)
- redirect can apear several times and with any action (except reject), 
the result consisting in redirecting to the specified address only once 
(wihtout giving an error if a duplicate reject with the same address 
apears)
- any action except stop will cancel the implicit keep

Is this any close to what the specification intended?

Sorin Suciu

---

From: "Nigel Swinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:03:05 +0100

> Is this any close to what the specification intended?

Yes, I think so :o)  I'm not sure the specification mentions what should happen if multiple redirect/fileinto's occur to the same target, and I would imagine some would argue for duplicate copies, however I think what you describe sounds perfectly sensible.

Nigel