Subject: Re: NULL vs. ""

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:53:50 -0400

> On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 09:21 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
>>>if anyof (header :is "Cc" "", not exists "Cc")
>>
>>This is actually clearer to read IMO, and is probably how I would code it if
>>I ever wanted such a test.

Indeed.  And so why don't we wrap up this too-long discussion this way?:
1. *Document* that string comparisons against headers MUST NOT match 
absent headers.
2. *Document* that the preferred way to test for a header that is either 
empty or absent is as Ned wrote above.
3. Move on.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, Pervasive Computing Technology  ([email-masked])
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba
http://www.research.ibm.com/spam

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

> empty or absent is as Ned wrote above.

+1.

				Ned