Subject: Missing some information for the Vancouver minutes

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:01:49 +0000

I've started converting Tony's jabber log into minutes and discovered 
that there is no record of some minor decisions.
In particular:

1) Add :from tagged argument to the "notify" action?

Did anybody objected to this?

2) Allow suppression of identical Sieve notifications?

Did we reach any consensus on this?

Thanks,
Alexey

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:14:05 -0500

> Did anybody objected to this?

I objected to the idea of general parameters, which might not apply to
specific notification mechanisms.  I prefer to have the definitions of
all parameters be in the mechanism documents.

But this is a small objection -- certainly notification text and "from"
are not unreasonable things to have as global things, and a mechanism
that doesn't need the "from" (or the text, for that matter) can ignore it.

> Did we reach any consensus on this?

I don't recall.  I remember the discussion, but I really don't remember
where it went or what the resolution was.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, Pervasive Computing Technology  ([email-masked])
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba
http://www.research.ibm.com/spam