Subject: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:06:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Support for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Events in Sieve
	Author(s)       : Barry Leiba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-09-14

Abstract:
   Sieve defines an email filtering language that can, in principle,
   plug into any point in the processing of an email message.  As
   defined in the base specification, it plugs into mail delivery.  This
   document defines how Sieve can plug into points in the IMAP protocol
   where messages are created or changed, adding the option of user-
   defined or installation-defined filtering (or, with Sieve extensions,
   features such as notifications).  Because this requires future Sieve
   extensions to specify their interactions with this one, this document
   updates the base Sieve specification, RFC 5228.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 08:33:23 -0400

It looks like this is the final version that will go to the RFC
Editor.  It has the following changes over -08:

- A paragraph in Security Considerations to address Stephen Farrell's
DISCUSS position.

- Some changes to address Robert Sparks's DISCUSS position and comments.

- Some changes in response to the review of -08 by Stephan.

- A factoring out of some common text (into the new Section 2.2.4)
from Sections 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5, in response to an informal suggestion
from Robert.

Stephen and Robert, please check this version and clear your DISCUSSes.

Pete, please add the following to the ballot text before giving your
final approval:

   IANA Note
   IANA should take note of a late change to the Sieve environment
   names that are registered in Section 7.3.

If anyone in the WG would like to give this a final once-over, this is
the time.  Pete, it's down to you now.

Barry

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sieve mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sieve

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:03:07 -0500

I've cleared.