Subject: [sieve] Protocol Action: 'Support for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Events in Sieve' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:40:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Support for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) Events in Sieve'
  (draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve/

Technical Summary

  This document defines how the Sieve email filtering language  can plug
  into points in the IMAP protocol where messages are created or changed,
  adding the option of user-defined or installation-defined filtering (or,
  with Sieve extensions, features such as notifications).

Working Group Summary

  This document originated from the Lemonade WG and was initially submitted
  back in 2005. In 2010 it was adopted by the SIEVE WG as Lemonade was
  closed. Since that time there have been several revision of the document
  prompted by mailing list discussions and face-to-face meetings. Note that
  many of the participants in the SIEVE WG are also IMAP "experts" so the
  interactions between SIEVE and IMAP have been fully covered. Whilst many
  people have reviewed and contributed to this document over its lifetime,
  the recent working group last call only garnered a few responses (all
  positive and supporting publication). That said, there has not been any
  significant controversy surrounding this document, and in the Chairs'
  opinion there is consensus to publish it.

Document Quality

  There are no known implementations of this protocol to date. A number of
  vendors have indicated interest in it, with at least one stating they will
  start work on that soon.
  
Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Cyrus Daboo <mailto:[email-masked]>
  AD: Pete Resnick <mailto:[email-masked]>