Subject: [sieve] Sieve :fcc option

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 10:31:38 -0500

All,

A vendor that uses Cyrus IMAP has some customers that would like to have 
copies of outgoing Sieve-generated messages (e.g. reject, vacation) 
stored in their Sent mailbox.  We could obviously do this with a user 
configurable option, but I was thinking of extending Sieve to support a 
:fcc <mailbox> option on reject, vacation and any new actions where it 
might apply.  The option could also leverage  
draft-bosch-sieve-special-use to do something like :fcc "\\Sent"

Thoughts?

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 08:42:37 -0800 (PST)

> draft-bosch-sieve-special-use to do something like :fcc "\\Sent"

I see no problem for notify or vacation, but there's a serious semantics issue
with reject - when you reject a message you are saying, "I didn't receive" this
message". If you implement an action where you do in fact receive the message,
albeit as a part of a DSN, you're essentially lying about what you did.

Accurate information about who actually received what is especially important
in environments with compliance archiving requirements. I don't look forward to
explaining how a reject ended up being a keep.

				Ned

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:17:30 -0500

> explaining how a reject ended up being a keep.

Ahh, good point.  Thanks Ned.