Subject: Re: queries(m3ua-draft-06)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:53:16 +0530

Hi Abhisek

Please see my comments below:

 1. Can SG receive an "ASP INACTIVE" Message following "ASP DOWN" Message? If
yes
then what shoud be done at SG?

>>>> SG has two options in this case:
     1) It can send an ASP DN ACK to the ASP to indicate that the state of ASP
is
        down. or
     2) Send an error message with ecode Unexpected message.
     first one seems to be a better option.

2. If SG receives an  "ASP ACTIVE (with Loadshare Standby Traffic Mode)" Message
and
then SG finds that for some AS ( who is being served by this  ASP also), Number
of
Active ASP is less than 'n' in an "n+k" redundancy model. Now should SG

A)  send "ASPAC Ack(Loadshare Standby)" followed by "ASPAC Ack(Loadshare)" OR
B)  directly send "ASPAC Ack(Loadshare)"to the peer ASP?

>>>>> Option A seems to be correct as per draft.

3a). If SG receives an  "ASP ACTIVE (with Override-Standby or loadshare-Standby
Traffic Mode)" Message and SG finds that for
some AS ( who is being served by this  ASP also) the ASP is already in StandBy
state
then what should be done by SG?

>>>>> Send an ASPAC ACK (standby mode).

3b). If SG receives an  "ASP ACTIVE (with Override or Loadshare Traffic Mode)"
Message and SG finds that for some AS ( who is being served by this  ASP also)
the
ASP is already in ACTIVE state then what should be done by SG?

>>>>> Send an ASPAC ACK. Because the ASPAC ACK might havent reached the ASP
before
      the retransmission timer expired.

3c). If SG receives an  "ASP INACTIVE (with whatever Traffic Mode)" Message and
SG
finds that for some AS ( who is being served by this  ASP also) the ASP is
already in
INACTIVE state then what should be done by SG?

>>> Send an ASPIA ACK. Because the ASPAC ACK might havent reached the ASP before
    the retransmission timer expired.

Regards
Vipin

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]