Subject: Another TTC issue on M2UA

From: "Otsuka.Hiroshi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 19:28:27 +0900

Hello Ken,

We have been finalizing the study of M2UA during last couple of months.
One of our colleague found an issue on implementing M2UA with TTC signaling.
We could not find this before because, the difference is not shown in the
summary
section of TTC specification nor TTC English Summary.

The issue is, TTC needs to have extra primitive called "All Message
Retrieval".   This
primitive is sent from L3 to L2 after the T1 timer is expired (on Figure
30/Q.704 sheet 3 
of 6 - TCOC).   After receiving this primitive, it jump to the "Retrieving"
of sheet 5 of 6 on 
TCOC.

We tried to figure out if there is any way not to use this primitive, but we
could not.
Nobody really knows why this primitive was added to TTC specification.   So
we decided
to keep this primitive for the safety reason.   So please add this primitive
for the case of
TTC message in M2UA.   If you have any question, please let me know (but
I'll be available
from a week after).

Regards,
Hiroshi Otsuka

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:25:02 -0500

Hello Hiroshi,

Thank you for this information and I'm sorry for my late response.

Can you please send some additional information to assist me in 
adding the correct text.

1)  Which message should the "All Message Retrieval" request
be sent in?  (Status Request or Retrieval Request?)

2)  What should the SG M2UA layer do when it receives this
request.

Also, can you send me the necessary TTC references so that I
can add them to Section 9.

Regards,

Ken

At 07:28 PM 3/17/01 +0900, Otsuka.Hiroshi wrote:
>You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]

---