Subject: Question about ASPTM messages

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:32:24 -0500

Given the following scenario:

An ASP sends a ASP Active message that contains 5 Routing Contexts.

If the Routing Contexts are valid AND the SG can support this request,
the SG will respond with one or more ASP Active Acknowledgement messages
containing the Routing Contexts (i.e. can send one Ack with all 5 Routing
Contexts or can individually send Ack with Routing Context...)

But, if one of the Routing Contexts is INVALID, the SG would send an
ASP Active Acknowledgement with the 4 good Routing Contexts and
an Error (Invalid Routing Context) message for the Invalid Routing Context.  
For this Error message, I don't think we can let the Diagnostic Information
be optional.  The Diagnostic Information MUST contain the Invalid Routing
Context value.  Otherwise, the ASP may be left with an outstanding ASP Active
request for the Invalid Routing Context that it may keep retrying.  Plus, it would
be useful to have the Routing Context in order to provide an alarm.

(same for "Invalid Traffic Handling Mode", the Routing Context MUST be
placed in the Diagnostic Information)

Also, what if the SG cannot honor the Active request for all of the Routing Contexts.   
For instance, an operator has placed one or more of the Routing Contexts into a 
management out-of-service state on the SG.  Will the SG send an ASP Inactive 
Ack for any Routing Contexts in this state.  Is this even a possibility?

Regards,

Ken

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Benjamin J. Wilson,,," <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:36:55 -0500

Comments inline...

> placed in the Diagnostic Information)

Agreed.

> Ack for any Routing Contexts in this state.  Is this even a possibility?

SG could possibly send ASPDN-Ack(Mgmt blocking)?

> Regards,
> 
> Ken
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]

Ben

---