Subject: Comments about draft-ietf-sigtran-srwnd-sctp-00.txt...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:16:30 +0200

Hi all again!

	I have now read this other draft, and as with some other extensions
to SCTP, I have some comments again :-0. Here they are:

	- Section 3.2: Is the stream receiver supposed give flow limits for
ALL the streams it receives? I don't think so, but the figure at the end of
page seems to indicate so... I think that it is not clear if "Stream Number
1" means the first stream in the Stream Flow Limit or the first stream of
the association (the same with "Stream Number N"). Obviously, if you have to
provide the Stream number as well, that's because you don't have to include
all of the streams... Otherwise the "Stream Number" would be redundant...
:-/

	I would suggest using "Stream Number N1" and "Stream Number Nx", and
then "Flow Limit 1" and "Flow Limit x"... maybe it helps to clarify it... or
even adding some text to make it clear...

	- Section 4.2, R1): I guess that "(those TSN's in queue to be sent,
which the cumulative TSN Acknowledgement has not passed, on this stream)"
might be actually something like "(those TSN's already sent to this stream,
but not acknowledged yet)". If the TSNs are not sent yet, they are not
outstanding by definition... And also, when any TSN is acknowledged inside
any fragment in a SACK chunk, it is not outstanding either (the peer could
reject it afterwards, and then it would become unsent, but in any case
outstanding)... Maybe I'm missing something here :-/... why that restriction
about the cumulative TSN?

	- Section 4.2, R2) and R3): What is the reason why if the data can't
be sent immediately it should be discarded? If the rwnd or the cwnd limits
the sending of a DATA chunk, it is queued... I really don't catch the point
here... Could somebody tell me which is the reason for doing so?

	And now, as used, some typos:

	- Section 3, first paragraph: "..., the methods specified in
[RELREQ] is used to communicate..." might be "..., the methods specified in
[RELREQ] are used to communicate..." or "..., the method specified in
[RELREQ] is used to communicate...".

	- Section 4, last paragraph before section 4.1: "The receivers side
is [...]. The senders side is where..." should be "The receiver's side is
[...]. The sender's side is where..."

	- Section 4.1, second paragraph: "... stream flow limits with there
respective stream number. If the..." should be "... stream flow limits with
their respective stream number. If the..."

	- Section 4.2, R2) and R3): Not sure about this, but I would bet
that "... the data for transmit..." might be "... the data for
transmission...". It appears three times there... but I could be wrong about
this... unfortunately sometimes my English is not that good... :-(

	- Section 4.2, first paragraph after R4): "... the ULP will need to
provid a mechanism..." should be "... the ULP will need to provide a
mechanism...", you really type fast guys! ;-)

	- Section 5: "... any additional security hazards then currently
exist..." should be "... any additional security hazards than currently
exist..."

	That's all folks! Thanks!

	BR Iván Arias Rodríguez