Subject: Routing Key in M3UA v6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:28:45 +0900

draft-06 says: "
Routing Key: variable length
....
   The Routing Key parameter may be present multiple times in the same
   message. This is used to allow the registration of multiple Routing
   Keys in a single message.
....
The format of the Routing Key parameter is as follows.

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                       Local-RK-Identifier                     |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                     Destination Point Code                    |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
....
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |              Origination Point Code List (optional)           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                   Circuit Range List (optional)               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
....
   The format of the Local-RK-Identifier field is as follows:

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |           Tag = 19            |         Length = 8            |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                  Local-RK-Identifier value                    |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+"

That means "Routing Key parameter value consists of
TLV-structured sub-parameters", right?

if so, we should parse "sub-parameter" in the context of particular parameter.
it seems unnecessary complexity.

-- 
Kazuo Watanabe

---

From: "Sidebottom, Greg [BCNR:7M01:EXCH]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 02:27:08 -0500

Greetings Kazuo-san,

Response below ...

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Monday, March 12, 2001 9:29 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Routing Key in M3UA v6

draft-06 says: "

    0                   1                   2                   3

    0                   1                   2                   3

if so, we should parse "sub-parameter" in the context of particular
parameter.
it seems unnecessary complexity.

[Greg] Yes the RK consists of sub-parameters.  But the "sub-parameters" have
unique tags so they can be parsed - it is just that in this case the
contained sub-parameter values are related to a particular Routing Key
instance.  I'm not sure why this is unnecessarily complex.  I guess that the
alternative is to restrict the REG REQ to contain only a single Routing Key.
Do others find this to be complex?

Regards,

    Greg

-- 
Kazuo Watanabe

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]