Subject: M3UA: Parameter Length

From: Frederick Ros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:43:20 +0100

Hi All,

I've a question regarding the parameter length field.
In the draft, it is stated that the parameter length does not include
any padding that could occur on the parameter, but should we consider
the reserved fields as padding or as effective part of the parameter ??
For example in the SCON message the Concerned DPC field is preceded by a
byte reserved : is this byte included in the parameter length ?? If so,
does it means that the parameter length for this parameter is always 8
?? The same for the Congestion Indication field ..

Best Regards.

-- 
Frederick Ros
Ulticom, Inc
Phone: +33.497.234.520
[email-masked]

---

From: Joyce Archibald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 08:15:23 +0000

Hi Frederick,

Padding refers to the 0 to 3 bytes on the end of some parameters, which
are not included in the Parameter Length. Reserved fields are always
included. Thus in the SCON message the Concerned Destination and
Congestion Indications parameters will both always have length = 8.

Regards,

Joyce