Subject: SCON indicating ASP's congestion

From: Kazuo Watanabe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:55:55 +0900

In draft-06:
    Concerned Destination: 32-bits

       The optional Concerned Destination parameter is only used if the
       SCON is sent from an ASP to the SG. It contains the point code of
       the originator of the message that triggered the SCON. The Concerned
       Destination parameter contains one Concerned Destination Point Code
       field, a three-octet parameter to allow for 14-, 16- and 24-bit
       binary formatted SS7 Point Codes.  A Concerned Point Code that is
       less than 24-bits, is padded on the left to the 24-bit boundary. The
       SG sends a Transfer Controlled Message to the Concerned Point Code
       using the single Affected DPC contained in the SCON to populate the
       (affected) Destination field of the TFC message. Normally the
       Affected DPC will be equal to the point code of the ASP.

i read that paragraph as "ASP does/can determine the SPMC is now
encountering congestion."

i believe SG should determine SPMC's congestion and which PointCode
sending TFC to.

-- 
Kazuo Watanabe

---
You are currently subscribed to sigtran as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]