Subject: [Sigtran] Sigtran Plugtest SUA/M3UA/M2UA/IUA - Day 4

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 12:48:43 -0500

Below are a list of issues raised during the Day 4 wrap-up.

M3UA
----------

1.  Location of NA in messages

The RFC is unclear about the location of NA in messages.  In Section
3.3.1, the text says the NA "must" be the first parameter in the message
if it is included.  In the description of other messages with NA, Section 3.3.1 
is referenced in regards to NA but is not shown first in the message.

If there is a decision for NA to always be first in each message in which
it appears, the text (message formats) need to be changed to reflect
this.

Recommendation:  A non-binding vote was taken and there were more
people in favor of changing the text to say NA "MUST" be first in each
message in which it appears.

2.  There was a question about the following flow:

      ASP1   ------ASP Active ----------->   SGP1
                 <-----ASP Act Ack----------
                  --------Error------------------->

In this case, ASP1 sends an Error in response to the ASP Act
Ack so there is a potential for the ASP and SGP to be out of sync
regarding state.  Should ASP1 just resend the ASP Active or should
it take action to re-sync with SGP1 first (i.e. send an ASP Inactive
and wait for an ASP Inactive Ack before re-sending the ASP Active
message).

3.  Question if DUNA(*) is supported

General consensus was that since there is no text saying it is not
allowed, it is supported.  However, there were doubts noted about it's
usefulness.

M2UA
----------

1.  Partial List of Interface Identifiers in ASP Active message

There was a question about how the SGP should handle the
receipt of a partial list of Interface Identifiers in the ASP Active 
message.  Concern that the text in Section 4.3.4.3 was not
clear enough.

However, there is text in Section 3.3.2.7 that addresses this
situation:

   If no Interface Identifiers are included, the message is for all
   provisioned Interface Identifiers within the AS(s) in which the ASP
   is provisioned.  If only a subset of Interface Identifiers for an AS
   are included, the ASP is noted as Active for all the Interface
   Identifiers provisioned for that AS.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran