Subject: [Sigtran] Sigtran Plugtest - M3UA/M2UA/IUA/SUA/M2PA - Day 3

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:50:14 -0500

The following issues were raised today:

1.  There is a desire to add a reference in Section 3.7.4 to Section
4.3.4.4 that indicates that a SGP can send an asynchronous ASP 
Inactive Ack.  

2.  There is interest to make the duplicate ASPSM/ASPTM/Registration
handling procedures consistent on the SGP.  Currently, when the SGP
receives a duplicate ASP Up or ASP Active, it accepts them and 
sends the appropriate positive response.  However, when it receives a 
duplicate REG REQ response error.

The recommendations are:

a)  SGP accepts the duplicate REG REQ and sends positive response
(REQ RSP - Successful)

b)  Add a new REG RESP error (Duplicate Routing Key).  ASP would
then have to DEREG, then RE-REG.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:44:13 -0700

Ken,

I recall discussion on this before as well.  If the SGP is so broken
that it cannot respond with a valid REG RESP or a valid ERR message
then it needs to be fixed.

a) below will just result in the same error as befell the original
   REG RESP or ERR message.

b) below will also just resul in the same error as befell the original
   REG RESP or ERR message.

This is quite dissimilar to the ASPTM/ASPSM case were the ASP and SG
can get out of sync on state.  Registration state is never change
autonomously by the SGP without an unsolicited ASP Down Ack (or dropping
the assocation for that matter) it is only changed in response to
REG RESP.  Therefore, no additional procedure is required.

Now, I understand that in testing this might look like a problem if
an SGP is failing to send valid REG RESP or ERR as the ASP is hung
with that SGP; but, it is just a broken SGP and there is nothing
that the ASP can do about it except to information management.

--brian

Ken Morneault wrote:                                   (Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:50:14)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/