Subject: RE: [Sigtran] Sigtran Plugtest SUA/M3UA/M2UA/IUA - Day 2

From: Tolga Asveren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:39:14 -0500

Brian,

My proposal:
1)3.4.4
Current:
"The SCON message MAY also be sent from the M3UA layer of an ASP to an M3UA
peer indicating that the M3UA layer or the ASP is congested."
Proposal:
"The SCON message SHOULD be sent from the M3UA layer of an ASP to an M3UA
peer indicating that the congestion level of the M3UA layer or of the ASP
has changed."
Why?: So, SCON will be sent, whenever ASP gets congested, because of an
incoming message to ASP or for any other reason(for example because of a
message destined for another AS, served by the same ASP). IMO, it is also
better to change MAY to SHOULD, so we update the SG, and it is up to it how
to behave.

2)Replacing SCON from ASP to M3UA with a new ASPTM (I am not very hopefull
but anyway)
Why?: Because Information about local SPMC is sent via ASPTM.

3)IMO, there should be a section about congestion indication mechanims
between ASP and SG, like we have sections "ASP Up Procedures" etc...
Why?: Because this is a procedure between ASP and SG, not between ASP and
another SS7 endpoint. The relationship with other SS7 endpoints is between
SG and them. So, like other ASP/SG procedures are explained, I also would
prefer a section for congestion procedure.

> The STP will not send TFC at a lower level than RCT: the TFC 
> must contain the
> same congestion level as the message priority in the RCT if 
> the STP is going
> to send TFC in response to it.
[TOLGA] Take this as a question instead of a comment, but I would expect STP
to respond TFC with a lower congestion level in the following sceanrio:
STP1 receives message with DPC=1-1-1. Links are congested, TFC(3) is replied
to originator.
Originator sends RCT(2) and RCT(2) reaches STP1. Let's assume at this time
congestion level for routeset=1-1-1 is 1. In this case, I would expect STP1
to reply with TFC(1), because Q.704 13.9.5. says "At the reception of a
signalling-route-set-congestion-test message, as signalling transfer point
will route it as an ordinary message, i.e. according to the procedures
specified in 2.3.5." 
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:55:10 -0700

Tolga,

You cannot say SHOULD because the procedure is optional even in ANSI
where it is applicable.

--brian

Tolga Asveren wrote:                                                               (Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:39:14)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/