Subject: [Sigtran] SUA/M3UA/M2UA/IUA Plugtest comments - Day 1

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:17:19 -0500

Below is a summary of issues / comments raised during the first
day of testing at the plugtest:

General Issues (apply to SUA/M3UA/M2UA/IUA)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Do SGPs share AS state?  Example:  An ASP is Active to two SGPs.  
If ASP sends ASPIA to one of the SGPs, does the SGP send ASPIA Ack 
followed by NTFY (AS-Pending) or just ASPIA Ack (since the other SGP
has AS state as Active).

2.  There is an inconsistency between IUA/M2UA and M3UA/SUA 
related to whether multiple Interface Identifier/Routing Context 
(respectively) parameters are allowed in a message.  In IUA/M2UA, the 
message diagrams allow multiple Interface Identifier parameters (there 
is no text in the docs that discusses this however).  M3UA/SUA contain 
no text related to whether or not this is allowed and there are no diagrams 
indicating multiple Routing Context parameters in a message.

3.  No text that covers the follow case:  ASP is UP and has Registered
a Routing Key (or Link Key).  If ASP then sends ASPUP message again,
should SGP transition state back to Inactive, Un-registered?  

M3UA specific
----------------------

1.  Question about which combinations of parameters are allowed in Registration
Request.  

Ken & Lode

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:05:41 -0800

Thanks for the update guys!  Hope the Plugtest is
going smoothly.

Lyndon

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Morneault [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 9:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] SUA/M3UA/M2UA/IUA Plugtest comments - Day 1

M3UA specific
----------------------

1.  Question about which combinations of parameters are allowed in
Registration
Request.  

Ken & Lode