Subject: [Sigtran] Sigtran Plugtest - M3UA "missed" issue

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 12:36:25 -0500

One issue that was noted on a previous day did not make it
to the list:

M3UA/SUA
----------------

Given the following configuration:

AS1/RK1    OPC 1.1.1   DPC  2.2.2   SI 5   RC  1
AS2/RK2    OPC 1.1.1   DPC  3.3.3   SI 5   RC  2
AS2/RK2    OPC 1.1.1   DPC  4.4.4   SI 5   RC  3

If the SG receives a TFP for 3.3.3, should it send a DUNA
containing all RCs (1,2,3) or just RC 2.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:34:42 -0700

Ken,

> AS2/RK2    OPC 1.1.1   DPC  4.4.4   SI 5   RC  3

There is a porblem with your example: you have two RK2's and
two AS2's.  Did you mean:

  AS1/RK1    OPC 1.1.1   DPC  2.2.2   SI 5   RC  1
  AS2/RK2    OPC 1.1.1   DPC  3.3.3   SI 5   RC  2
  AS3/RK3    OPC 1.1.1   DPC  4.4.4   SI 5   RC  3

In the corrected routing table, the SG should send a DUNA to
AS1 and AS3 only if it offers a route to 3.3.3 from AS1 and AS3.
This is in fitting with the ISUP example, where the trunk groups
from 1.1.1 to 2.2.2 and 1.1.1 to 4.4.4 are not concerned with
3.3.3.  Only AS2 is.  In practice, there is only one ISUP user
(call control) at 1.1.1 and it will receive DUNA on RC2.  There
is no need to send redundant DUNAs on RC1 or RC3.

--brian

Ken Morneault wrote:                      (Thu, 07 Nov 2002 12:36:25)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/