Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA - SSNM messages

From: "Wung, Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:13:18 -0500

Are SSNM messages sent on the AS or ASP basis?  If an ASP has more than
one AS that concern the same remote point code, would the ASP be sent with 
one SSNM message or as many messages as the number of AS when a network
event occurs?

Thanks,
Joe
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:52:50 -0700

Joseph,

If you check the message syntax, you will see that a network appearance
or multiple RC values can be placed in SSNM messages.  Now, an SSNM message
cannot apply to more than one network appearance, by definition of network
appearance.  However, an SSNM can apply to more than one RC.  If more than
one AS share a route to a destination and that destination becomes (for
example) inaccessible, the SG may send one DUNA message with multiple RC
values in the message indicating the list of AS to which the SSNM applies.
If the ASP is configured such that all ACTIVE AS share the same routing, it
is conceivable that one could send an SSNM message with no NA or RC value
in the message indicating that the targetted list of AS is all ACTIVE AS.
However, it is also permitted that the SG send multiple DUNAs in this case,
each with its own single RC value.  The ASP should be prepared to accept
any of these combinations.

--brian

Wung, Joseph wrote:                              (Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:13:18)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/