Subject: Re: [Sigtran] M2PA draft 07 comment: LPO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:57:32 -0500

Hello Tom,

The updated M2PA state machine figure still does not
match the Q.703 SDLs.

Here follows my attempt to get a closer match....

Regards,

Jeff

                   +-----------+
                   |   POWER   |
                   |    OFF    |
                   +-----------+
                         |
                         | Power On
                         |
       Flush Buffers     |  +-----------------------------------------+
       OR Retrieval      |  |                                         |
              +-------+  |  |                                         |
              |       |  V  V                                         |
              |    +-----------+                                      |
              +--->|  OUT OF   |                                      |
  +--------------->|  SERVICE  |<--+                                  |
  |                +-----------+   | Link Configured                  |
  |                      |   |     | (Associate)                      |
  |                      |   +-----+                                  |
  |     Receive LS OOS   |                                            |
  |           +-------+  | MTP3 Start                                 |
  |           |       |  V                                            |
  |           |    +-----------+                                      |
  |           +--->|    NOT    |                                      |
  +<---------------|  ALIGNED  |------------------------------------->+
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error                  |
  |  OR T2 Expiry        |        OR SCTP Comm Lost                   |
  |                      |                                            |
  |                      |    Receive LS Align                        |
  |                      | OR Receive LS Prov Norm                    |
  |     Receive LS Align | OR Receive LS Prov Emer                    |
  |           +-------+  |                                            |
  |           |       |  V                                            |
  |           |    +-----------+                                      |
  |           +--->|  ALIGNED  |                                      |
  +<---------------|           |------------------------------------->+
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error                  |
  |  OR T3 Expiry      ^    |     OR SCTP Comm Lost                   |
  |  OR Receive LS OOS |    |                                         |
  |                    |    |    Receive LS Prov Norm                 |
  |                    |    | OR Receive LS Prov Emer                 |
  |                    |    |                                         |
  |   Receive LS Align |    |                                         |
  |                    |    |                                         |
  |                    |    |                                         |
  | Receive LS Prov X  |    |                                         |
  |           +------+ |    |                                         |
  |           |      | |    V                                         |
  |           |    +-----------+                                      |
  |           +--->|  PROVING  |                                      |
  |<---------------|           |------------------------------------->+
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error                  |
  |  OR Receive LS OOS   |        OR SCTP Comm Lost                   |
  |                      |                                            |
  |                      | T4 Expiry                                  |
  |                      |                                            |
  |                      |             MTP3 Stop            +-------->+
  |                      |             OR Receive LS OOS    |         |
  |                      |             OR SCTP Comm Error   |         |
  |                      |             OR SCTP Comm Lost    |         |
  |                      |             OR T1 Expiry         |         |
  |                      |             OR M2PA Link Failure |         |
  |                      |             OR Receive LS Align  |         |
  |                      V                                  |         |
  |                +-----------+                   +-----------+      |
  |                |  ALIGNED  |                   |  ALIGNED  |      |
  +<---------------|   READY   |<----------------->| NOT READY |      |
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     LPO/LPR       +-----------+      |
  |  OR T1 Expiry        |   |                         | Rcv LS Ready |
  |  OR Receive LS OOS   |   |                         | OR Rcv Data  |
  |  OR Receive LS Align |   +------------------------>+ OR Rcv LS PO |
  |  OR SCTP Comm Error  |   Receive LS PO             |              |
  |  OR SCTP Comm Lost   |                             |              |
  |                      |    Receive LS Ready         |              |
  |                      | OR Receive User Data        |              |
  |                      V                             V              |
  |                +-----------+ LPO or Rcv LS PO  +-----------+      |
  |                |    IN     |------------------>| PROCESSOR |      |
  +<---------------|  SERVICE  |<------------------|  OUTAGE   |      |
                   +-----------+    MTP3 Flush     +-----------+      |
       MTP3 Stop                 OR MTP3 Continue           |         |
    OR Receive LS OOS                                       |         |
    OR SCTP Comm Error                    MTP3 Stop         |         |
|
    OR SCTP Comm Lost                  OR Receive LS OOS    |         |
    OR T6 Expiry                       OR SCTP Comm Error   |         |
    OR T7 Expiry                       OR SCTP Comm Lost    |         |
    OR M2PA Link Failure               OR M2PA Link Failure |         |
    OR Receive LS Align                OR Receive LS Align  +-------->+

                      Tom George                                                                                                  
                      <Tom.George@alca         To:                                                                                
                      tel.com>                 cc:      [email-masked]                                                          
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: [Sigtran] M2PA draft 07 comment: LPO                                  
                      sigtran-admin@ie                                                                                            
                      tf.org                                                                                                      

                      02/12/03 06:52                                                                                              
                      PM                                                                                                          

Franz,

I updated the diagram because of another discussion. I put an excerpt
from it further down in this message. I think it shows the transition
you asked about.

But there is nothing in the text that says this. I have this paragraph:

======
If there is a local processor outage condition during the alignment
procedure, M2PA sends Link Status Processor Outage to its peer. When
the local processor outage condition ends, then M2PA SHALL send Link
Status Processor Outage Ended to its peer. M2PA SHALL attempt to
complete the alignment procedure during the local processor outage
condition.
======

Perhaps I should add something like this: "If the local processor outage
condition exists when M2PA completes Proving, M2PA shall enter the
ALIGNED NOT READY state."

======
  |                       |   +-----+                  |
  |                       |   |     | LPO/LPR          |
  |                       V   V     |                  |
  |                 +-----------+   |                  |
  |                 |  PROVING  |---+                  |
  |<----------------|           |--------------------->+
  |      MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error  |
  |   OR T3 Expiry        |  |     OR SCTP Comm Lost   |
  |   OR Receive LS OOS   |  |                         |
  |                       |  +-------------------------|--------+
  |                       |     T4 Expiry              |        |
  |                       |     Send LS PO             |        |
  |                       |                            |        |
  |                       | T4 Expiry                  |        |
  |                       | Send LS Ready              |        |
  |                       |                            |        |
  |                       |                            |        |
  |                       V           SCTP Comm Error  |        V
  |                 +-----------+  OR SCTP Comm Lost   |  +-----------+
  |                 |  ALIGNED  |--------------------->+  |  ALIGNED  |
  +<----------------|   READY   |<----------------------->| NOT READY |
  |      MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     LPO/LPR             +-----------+
  |   OR T1 Expiry        |        OR Receive LS PO/PR       |       |
  |   OR Receive LS OOS   |                                  |   T1  |
  |   OR Receive LS Align | Receive LS Ready      Receive    | Expiry|
  |                       | OR Receive User Data    LS Ready | OR Rcv|
  |                       |                                  |    LS |
  |                       |                                  |  Align|
======

tomG.

"Brian F. G. Bidulock" wrote:
>
> Gaiser,
>
> Gaiser Franz wrote:     (Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:09:58)
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have an additional comment/remark to the description of handling
Processor
> > Outage in draft 07of M2PA. The handling of the following situation is
not
> > clear to me: - Proving Period completed (T4 expired) and Local
Processor
> > Outage is occured. In the case without LPO the m2pa would start sending
LS
> > Ready to the peer and moves to state ALIGNED READY.
>
> > For the above situation (with LPO) the handling is not clearly stated.
Is LS
> > Ready and/or LS PO to be send ?According to Q.703  the m2pa should send
LS
> > PO message instead of LS Ready and moves to state ALIGNED NOT READY.
>
> Then that's what M2PA should do.
>
> --brian
>
> --
> Brian F. G. Bidulock
> [email-masked]
> http://www.openss7.org/
> _______________________________________________
> Sigtran mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

--
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Gaiser Franz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:39:44 +0100

Hello jeff,

an remark to your M2PA state event machine. In the case 'Proving' (T4 expired) is finished and local Processor Outage is occurred, I missing an arrow from state 'PROVING' to state 'ALIGNED_NOT_READY'.

regards, franz

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2003 13:58
An: Tom George
Cc: [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [Sigtran] M2PA draft 07 comment: LPO

Hello Tom,

Regards,

Jeff

                   +-----------+
                   |   POWER   |
                   |    OFF    |
                   +-----------+
                         |
                         | Power On
                         |

                      Tom George                                                                                                  
                      <Tom.George@alca         To:                                                                                

                      02/12/03 06:52                                                                                              
                      PM                                                                                                          

Franz,

======

======
  |                       |   +-----+                  |
  |                       |   |     | LPO/LPR          |
  |                       V   V     |                  |
  |                 +-----------+   |                  |
  |                 |  PROVING  |---+                  |

tomG.

Processor
not
Processor
LS
Is LS
LS