Subject: [Sigtran] M2PA draft 07 comment: LPO

From: Gaiser Franz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:09:58 +0100

Hi all,

I have an additional comment/remark to the description of handling Processor Outage in draft 07of M2PA. The handling of the following situation is not clear to me: - Proving Period completed (T4 expired) and Local Processor Outage is occured. In the case without LPO the m2pa would start sending LS Ready to the peer and moves to state ALIGNED READY. 
For the above situation (with LPO) the handling is not clearly stated. Is LS Ready and/or LS PO to be send ?According to Q.703  the m2pa should send LS PO message instead of LS Ready and moves to state ALIGNED NOT READY.

regards, franz
I
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:44:36 -0700

Gaiser,

Gaiser Franz wrote:                                                                 (Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:09:58)
> Hi all,
> 
> I have an additional comment/remark to the description of handling Processor
> Outage in draft 07of M2PA. The handling of the following situation is not
> clear to me: - Proving Period completed (T4 expired) and Local Processor
> Outage is occured. In the case without LPO the m2pa would start sending LS
> Ready to the peer and moves to state ALIGNED READY. 

> For the above situation (with LPO) the handling is not clearly stated. Is LS
> Ready and/or LS PO to be send ?According to Q.703  the m2pa should send LS
> PO message instead of LS Ready and moves to state ALIGNED NOT READY.

Then that's what M2PA should do.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:52:20 -0600

Franz,

I updated the diagram because of another discussion. I put an excerpt
from it further down in this message. I think it shows the transition
you asked about.

But there is nothing in the text that says this. I have this paragraph: 

======
If there is a local processor outage condition during the alignment
procedure, M2PA sends Link Status Processor Outage to its peer. When
the local processor outage condition ends, then M2PA SHALL send Link
Status Processor Outage Ended to its peer. M2PA SHALL attempt to
complete the alignment procedure during the local processor outage
condition.
======

Perhaps I should add something like this: "If the local processor outage
condition exists when M2PA completes Proving, M2PA shall enter the
ALIGNED NOT READY state."

======
  |                       |   +-----+                  |                
  |                       |   |     | LPO/LPR          |                
  |                       V   V     |                  |                
  |                 +-----------+   |                  |
  |                 |  PROVING  |---+                  |
  |<----------------|           |--------------------->+
  |      MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error  |
  |   OR T3 Expiry        |  |     OR SCTP Comm Lost   |
  |   OR Receive LS OOS   |  |                         |
  |                       |  +-------------------------|--------+
  |                       |     T4 Expiry              |        |      
  |                       |     Send LS PO             |        |      
  |                       |                            |        |      
  |                       | T4 Expiry                  |        |      
  |                       | Send LS Ready              |        |      
  |                       |                            |        |      
  |                       |                            |        |      
  |                       V           SCTP Comm Error  |        V      
  |                 +-----------+  OR SCTP Comm Lost   |  +-----------+
  |                 |  ALIGNED  |--------------------->+  |  ALIGNED  |
  +<----------------|   READY   |<----------------------->| NOT READY |
  |      MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     LPO/LPR             +-----------+
  |   OR T1 Expiry        |        OR Receive LS PO/PR       |       |
  |   OR Receive LS OOS   |                                  |   T1  | 
  |   OR Receive LS Align | Receive LS Ready      Receive    | Expiry|
  |                       | OR Receive User Data    LS Ready | OR Rcv|
  |                       |                                  |    LS |
  |                       |                                  |  Align|
======

tomG.

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran