Subject: [Sigtran] to handle handle misconfiguration in IUA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:37:10 +0530

Hi,
   There is an example shown in IG to handle misconfiguration

   "This scenario shows the example IUA message flows for the
   establishment of traffic between an SG and an ASP in which some
   of the Interface Identifiers have been misconfigured on the
   ASP side.  The SG in this case has Interface Identifers 1-5
   configured for ASP1."

                SG                               ASP1
                 |                                |
                 |                                |
                 |<----ASP Active (IIDs 1-10)-----|
                 |---ASP Active Ack (IIDs 1-5)--->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 6)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 7)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 8)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 9)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 10)--------->|

    The other alternative which i am showing is correct or not , as this is
implementation dependant

                 SG                               ASP1
                 |                                |
                 |-------Error (IIDs 1)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 2)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 3)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 4)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 5)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 6)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 7)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 8)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 9)---------->|
                 |-------Error (IIDs 10)--------->|

 Regards
 Manish Sharma
 www.hssworld.com

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:28:04 -0500

Manish,

Why are you proposing that the SG return Error (Interface Identifer)
for valid Interface Identifiers?

Ken