Subject: [Sigtran] M2UA message acknowledge

From: "Lu Jun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:03:36 +0800

Hi
I have another question for M2UA implement on SG
does the NO.7 link message ack independent on the ack of M2UA?
it means that the message can be acked by BSN number ,but this message may not
acked by remote M2UA ASP, and stored in SG M2UA transmit queue .

Lujun

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:11:09 -0700

Lu,

The purpose of M2UA's ack is to indicate buffer depth rather than to
acknowledge messages.  No retransmission and no negative ack is possible.
M2UA at the SG should not wait for the M2UA data ack before acking MSUs.

The SG can gauge the depth of the "Receive Buffer" by the depth of its
internal receive buffer and the number of (or byte count of) messages
sent to the ASP awaiting acknowledgement.  It can make determinations of
receive congestion based on this information.

The ASP can gauge the depth of the "Transmit Buffer" by the depth of is
internal transmit buffer and the number of (or byte count of) messages
sent to the SG awaiting acknowledgement.  It can make determinations of
transmit congestion (and congestion level) based on this information.

It is not required that these function be peformed in the fashion I
explain above.  It is only required that if the sender has included the
Correlation Id parameter in the Data message that the receive must
ack the message so that it can perform the functions it desires.  In
this way there is interoperability between implementations that provide
procedure such as those above and implementations that do not.

--brian

Lu Jun wrote:                                                                           (Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:03:36)

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran