Subject: Re: [Sigtran] SCTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:42:57 +0530

hi marco,

This is the sigtran mailing list and you should address SCTP related queries to
tsvwg ([email-masked]) or  sctp implementors list ([email-masked])

btw, the cookie information is of relevance only to the sender of the init-ack.
It can contain anything and the receiver just needs to echo it back to the
sender. Typically a sender stores the state information received from the init
chunk in the cookie and encrypts it before sending it to the peer. On receiving
it back in the cookie echo, it decrypts it back and uses this information to
create the TCB. It also stores the time stamp in the cookie to make sure the
cookie echoed back is not a stale one.

regarding heartbeat infromation, the peer is expected to echo the information
recieved as it is and is again of relevance only to the sender.

regards
manish

www.hssworld.com

Troiano Marco <[email-masked]> on 02/20/2003 03:20:05 PM

To:   "Sigtran (Posta elettronica)" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Manish Rajpal/HSS)

Subject:  [Sigtran] SCTP

Hi ALL,
I am working on SCTP and I would like to ask you what are possible values
for "cookie information" and "heartbeat information" in an SCTP control
packet?What is the typical length of these fields?

Thanks in advance
Marco