Subject: Re: AW: [Sigtran] M2PA draft 07 comment: LPO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:52:36 -0500

Hello Franz,

>an remark to your M2PA state event machine. In the case
>'Proving' (T4 expired) is finished and local Processor
>Outage is occurred, I missing an arrow from state
>'PROVING' to state 'ALIGNED_NOT_READY'.

You are correct, it's an error. Here is another try....
(It would be a lot easier if M2PA simply referred to Q.703 SDLs.)

Regards,

Jeff

                   +-----------+
                   |   POWER   |
                   |    OFF    |
                   +-----------+
                         |
                         | Power On
                         |
       Flush Buffers     |  +-----------------------------------------+
       OR Retrieval      |  |                                         |
              +-------+  |  |                                         |
              |       |  V  V                                         |
              |    +-----------+                                      |
              +--->|  OUT OF   |                                      |
  +--------------->|  SERVICE  |<--+                                  |
  |                +-----------+   | Link Configured                  |
  |                      |   |     | (Associate)                      |
  |                      |   +-----+                                  |
  |     Receive LS OOS   |                                            |
  |           +-------+  | MTP3 Start                                 |
  |           |       |  V                                            |
  |           |    +-----------+                                      |
  |           +--->|    NOT    |                                      |
  +<---------------|  ALIGNED  |------------------------------------->+
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error                  |
  |  OR T2 Expiry        |        OR SCTP Comm Lost                   |
  |                      |                                            |
  |                      |    Receive LS Align                        |
  |                      | OR Receive LS Prov Norm                    |
  |     Receive LS Align | OR Receive LS Prov Emer                    |
  |           +-------+  |                                            |
  |           |       |  V                                            |
  |           |    +-----------+                                      |
  |           +--->|  ALIGNED  |                                      |
  +<---------------|           |------------------------------------->+
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+     SCTP Comm Error                  |
  |  OR T3 Expiry      ^    |     OR SCTP Comm Lost                   |
  |  OR Receive LS OOS |    |                                         |
  |                    |    |    Receive LS Prov Norm                 |
  |                    |    | OR Receive LS Prov Emer                 |
  |                    |    |                                         |
  |   Receive LS Align |    |                                         |
  |                    |    |                                         |
  |                    |    |                                         |
  | Receive LS Prov X  |    |                                         |
  |           +------+ |    |                                         |
  |           |      | |    V                                         |
  |           |    +-----------+                                      |
  |           +--->|  PROVING  |------------------------------------->+
  |<---------------|           |------+          SCTP Comm Error      |
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+      |         OR SCTP Comm Lost     |
  |  OR Receive LS OOS   |            |                               |
  |                      |  T4 Expiry |                               |
  |                      |   (LPO)    |                               |
  |                      |            |                               |
  |                      |            | MTP3 Stop            +------->+
  |                      |            | OR Receive LS OOS    |        |
  |                      |            | OR SCTP Comm Error   |        |
  |                      |            | OR SCTP Comm Lost    |        |
  |                      |            | OR T1 Expiry         |        |
  |           T4 Expiry  |            | OR M2PA Link Failure |        |
  |            (No LPO)  |            | OR Receive LS Align  |        |
  |                      V            |                      |        |
  |                +-----------+ LPO  V            +-----------+      |
  |                |  ALIGNED  |------+----------->|  ALIGNED  |      |
  +<---------------|   READY   |<------------------| NOT READY |      |
  |     MTP3 Stop  +-----------+       LPR         +-----------+      |
  |  OR T1 Expiry        |   |                         | Rcv LS Ready |
  |  OR Receive LS OOS   |   |                         | OR Rcv Data  |
  |  OR Receive LS Align |   +------------------------>+ OR Rcv LS PO |
  |  OR SCTP Comm Error  |   Receive LS PO             |              |
  |  OR SCTP Comm Lost   |                             |              |
  |                      |    Receive LS Ready         |              |
  |                      | OR Receive User Data        |              |
  |                      V                             V              |
  |                +-----------+ LPO or Rcv LS PO  +-----------+      |
  |                |    IN     |------------------>| PROCESSOR |      |
  +<---------------|  SERVICE  |<------------------|  OUTAGE   |      |
                   +-----------+    MTP3 Flush     +-----------+      |
       MTP3 Stop                 OR MTP3 Continue            |        |
    OR Receive LS OOS                                        |        |
    OR SCTP Comm Error                     MTP3 Stop         |        |
    OR SCTP Comm Lost                   OR Receive LS OOS    |        |
    OR T6 Expiry                        OR SCTP Comm Error   |        |
    OR T7 Expiry                        OR SCTP Comm Lost    |        |
    OR M2PA Link Failure                OR M2PA Link Failure |        |
    OR Receive LS Align                 OR Receive LS Align  +------->+

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Tom George <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:59:36 -0600

Jeff,

One thing that confuses me about this diagram is the distinction between
ALIGNED and PROVING. It looks like both ends would get to ALIGNED, start
T3 and wait for the other end to send LS Proving. But they don't send LS
Proving until they go to PROVING, so it looks like both ends would just
sit and let their T3s expire.

So I have the sending and receiving of LS Proving messages going on in
the PROVING state. 

BTW, I would be very happy to reference Q.703 wherever possible and am
open to suggestions on how to do it. Unfortunately, there are parts of
the SDLs that do not apply to M2PA (e.g., sending FISUs), so I have been
stumped on how to do this. 

tomG.

-- 
* Tom George       PB7-24001 (near B-21)      [email-masked]  *
* 972-519-3168   Intranet:  http://www.ssd.usa.alcatel.com/~tgeorge/  *
* Alcatel;  3400 West Plano Pkwy,  MS PB7-SWPRO;  Plano, Texas 75075  *
* I actively disclaim speaking for Alcatel USA, Inc. I do not purport *
* to advertise or represent its position,  operations, or activities. *
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran