Subject: [Sigtran] GTT in source address of SUA

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:14:42 -0700

Hello,

In section 3.10.2.3, Global title, what should be the number
of digits when there is a filler ? Assume there are 7 digits
and one filler, does number of digits be 7, 8, or 4 (number of
bytes that are transmitted on the wire) ?

-thanks
mohan
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:44:09 -0600

Mohan,

Mohan Parthasarathy wrote:                                                           (Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:14:42)
> bytes that are transmitted on the wire) ?

Answer: 7.

Per section 3.10.2.3: "Number of Digits: this is the number of
digits [address signals] contained in the Global Title."

A filler is neither an address signal nor a digit as you can see
from the bottom of section 3.10.2.3.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/