Subject: [Sigtran] some question about RFC 3332 (M3UA)

From: "kao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:52:22 +0800

Dear all,

I have some question about M3UA

1. 
The fisrt one is the usage of NOTIFY.

 The attached file  named "traffi_mode_override.jpg" is a example for  
"Three ASPs with “1+2” sparing, AS Traffic Mode = Override".

The attached file  named "traffi_mode_loadshare.jpg" is a example for  
"Three ASPs with “2+1” sparing, AS Traffic Mode = Loadshare" .

 ASP2 first overrides the process, then ASP1 does. However, SGP decides that ASP1 is the overrider.

The attached file  named "traffi_mode_broadcast.jpg" is a example for  
"Three ASPs with “2+1” sparing, AS Traffic Mode = broadcast" .

Does the usage of all NOTIFY correct?

2. 
"There are two ways to provision a Routing Key at an SGP.  A Routing
   Key may be configured statically using an implementation dependent
   management interface, or dynamically using the M3UA Routing Key
   registration procedure."

Does an implementation dependent
   management interface mean configure in advance, like PVC in ATM?

3.
Does the example in sec. 1.5.3 mean two methods implemented in SGP?

4.
One AS can have multiple ASPs which can distributed in different AS or the same AS.
One SG can have multiple SGPs which can distributed in different SG or the same SG.
 
Are the above statements correct?

HOw a ASP is distritubed in more than one AS work?

Thanks

Best Regards.

Ling-Chih Kao