Subject: [Sigtran] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:31:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SS7 MTP2-User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer
	Author(s)	: T. George et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-08.txt
	Pages		: 49
	Date		: 2003-4-23
	
This Internet Draft defines a protocol supporting the transport of
Signaling System Number 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part (MTP) Level 3
signaling messages over Internet Protocol (IP) using the services of
the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  This protocol would
be used between SS7 Signaling Points using the MTP Level 3
protocol. The SS7 Signaling Points may also use standard SS7 links
using the SS7 MTP Level 2 to provide transport of MTP Level 3
signaling messages. The protocol operates in a manner similar to MTP
Level 2 so as to provide peer-to-peer communication between SS7
endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-m2pa-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.