Subject: [Sigtran] Protocol Action: 'V5.2-User Adaption Layer (V5UA)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:46:59 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'V5.2-User Adaption Layer (V5UA) '
   <draft-ietf-sigtran-v5ua-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Signaling Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary
 
  This document defines a mechanism for backhauling of ETSI digital 
  local exchange V5.2 messages over IP using the Stream control 
  Transmission Protocol (SCTP). This protocol can be used between a 
  Signaling Gateway (SG) and a Media Gateway controller (MGC). It is 
  assumed that the SG receives V5.2 signaling over a standard V5.2 
  interface.
 
  This document builds on the ISDN User Adaptation Layer Protocol 
  (IUAP), defined in RFC 3057. This document defines all differences 
  to the IUAP needed for the V5.2 implementation.

Working Group Summary

  The working group supported publication of this document.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran