Subject: [Sigtran] Message Types in draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-07.txt

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:25:07 +0100

Dear all,

I have a question regarding message types in 
draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-07.txt.

It is stated:
    For all DPNSS/DASS2 interface boundary primitives, a new Message
    Class is introduced:

           13     DPNSS/DASS2 Boundary Primitives Transport Messages
                  (DPTM)

but there are no message types defined for that message class.

It is also stated

2.4  DLC Status Message

    For DUA, a new message is necessary to carry the status of the DLCs.
    This message will be a Management message (i.e. its message class
    will be a value of 0 for Management).  The following message types
    will be used for these messages:

        5        DLC Status Request
        6        DLC Status Confirm
        7        DLC Status Indication

but later it is stated

2.5 Management (MGMT) Messages

    Only the Notify and Error messages are valid for DUA.  The TEI Status
    messages are not used.

So will are you using values 5 to 7 or not?

Thanks for the clarification.

Best regards
Michael

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Ken Morneault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:21:17 -0500

Pls see below.

Regards,

Ken

At 05:25 PM 11/14/2003 +0100, Michael Tuexen wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I have a question regarding message types in draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-07.txt.
>
>It is stated:

same as QPTM, I will clarify when we next update the doc.

>So will are you using values 5 to 7 or not?

yes, 2.5 refers to existing IUA MGMT messages.  I agree this
text can be misleading.  Again, will fix during the next update.