Subject: [SIGTRAN] M2PA - Alignment without Proving Period

From: Gaiser Franz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:21:03 +0200

Dears,

What is meant with ''proving period MAY be omitted" ? Does the "proving period" covers only time-period T4 or also time period T3 where also Link Status (LS) Proving messages are exchanged ? I understand the draft that both time periods are to be omitted and then the  link alignment without "proving period" is restricted to sending and receiving LS 'Alignment' and 'Ready' messages.

Thanks for clarification.

Regards, Franz

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:42:42 -0700

Franz,

The "proving period" consists of the period over which the link is sending LS
PROVING-NORMAL or LS PROVING-EMERGENCY messages.  Skipping it means that
timers T3 and T4 are not applicable.  See Q.2210 (Normative Reference) for
more information on skipping proving.

--brian

Gaiser Franz wrote:                            (Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:21:03)
> Dears,
> 
> What is meant with ''proving period MAY be omitted" ? Does the "proving
> period" covers only time-period T4 or also time period T3 where also Link
> Status (LS) Proving messages are exchanged ? I understand the draft that
> both time periods are to be omitted and then the  link alignment without
> "proving period" is restricted to sending and receiving LS 'Alignment' and
> 'Ready' messages.
> 

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/