Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Load Sharing deficiency.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 05:16:42 -0600

Both the current draft and the RFC have a deficiency with regard to load
sharing.  Under the current scheme, each ASP is required to be able to accept
any all traffic for the AS.  This causes problems with regard to state sharing
across ASPs.  Each ASP is required to maintain and sycnrhonize all state
because the SGP will not reveal its load sharing algorithm to the ASP so that
it can determine what part of the traffic load it will be presented and
therefore what state it needs to sychronize.

A solution to this deficiency has existed for over a year.
See draft-bidulock-sigtran-loadsel-02.txt

M3UA v02 should not proceed without a correction to this deficiency.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran