Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Notify Procedures.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 03:20:04 -0600

The following text was added to the notification procedures:

|  When an ASP moves from ASP-DOWN to ASP-INACTIVE within a particular
|  AS, a Notify message SHOULD be sent, by the ASP-UP receptor, after
|  sending the ASP-UP-ACK, in order to inform the ASP of the current AS
|  state.

It should be stated that this state transition may result from either an
ASP Up procedure or Registration procedure.  Stating the "ASP-Up receptor"
blurs this.  Reword to something like:

>  When an ASP moves from ASP-DOWN to ASP-INACTIVE within a particular
>  AS, one or more Notify message SHOULD be sent by the SGP after
>  sending any acknowledgement to the message that caused the state
>  transition (i.e, an ASP Up or Registration Request message) to inform
>  the ASP of the sending the ASP-UP-ACK, in order to inform the ASP of
>  the current AS state and any other prevailing AS status (e.g. ASP
>  Failure).

The purpose here was to inform the newly inactive ASP that was
previously down (no matter how it became inactive from the down state)
of the current AS state as well as the Notify messages that it would
have otherwise received had it been inactive or active.  These include
Alternate ASP Active, ASP Failure and Insufficient ASPs Active in AS.

So the ASP should receive one AS State Change Notify message and zero
or more other status messages.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran