Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: AS-PENDING state.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:53:24 -0600

Changes were made to the description of AS-PENDING state to no purpose.
The offending pasages are:

|   AS-PENDING: The last active ASP has transitioned from ASP-ACTIVE to
|   ASP-INACTIVE or ASP-DOWN.  A recovery timer T(r) SHOULD be started
|   and all incoming signalling messages SHOULD be queued by the SGP. If
|   an ASP becomes ASP-ACTIVE before T(r) expires, the AS is moved to the
|   AS-ACTIVE state and all the queued messages will be sent to the ASP.
|
|   If T(r) expires before an ASP becomes ASP-ACTIVE, the SGP MAY stop
|   queuing messages and discards all
|   previously queued messages. The AS will move to the AS-INACTIVE state

Please put back to the RFC text which adequately says:

>   AS-PENDING: An active ASP has transitioned to ASP-INACTIVE or ASP-
>   DOWN and it was the last remaining active ASP in the AS.  A recovery
>   timer T(r) SHOULD be started and all incoming signalling messages
>   SHOULD be queued by the SGP. If an ASP becomes ASP-ACTIVE before T(r)
>   expires, the AS is moved to the AS-ACTIVE state and all the queued
>   messages will be sent to the ASP.
>
>   If T(r) expires before an ASP becomes ASP-ACTIVE, and the SGP has no
>   alternative, the SGP may stops queuing messages and discards all
>   previously queued messages.  The AS will move to the AS-INACTIVE
>   state.

Also, later text introduces the concept of 'n' which is only applicable to
loadshare traffic mode.  The offending passage is:

|   if at least the number of ASPs in ASP-INACTIVE sum n, otherwise it
|   will move to AS-DOWN state.

Please put back to the RFC text which is applicable to all traffic modes:

|   If at least one ASP is in ASP-INACTIVE state, otherwise it will move
|   to AS-DOWN state.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran