Subject: [Sigtran] ASP ID Clarification

From: "Rammohan G" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 15:06:29 +0530

Hi All,

In the messages ASP Down and AsSP Down Ack messages there is no place for
ASP ID.I am finding it difficult to understand the logic in this.If a
remote peer recieves an ASP Down message how is it that the peer
understands which ASP is Down and the same is the case of ASP Down ACK
message.Please throw some light on this.

Thanks in Advance

Ram.

This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from
your system. Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:27:52 -0400

Hi Ram.,

Each SCTP association is between an ASP and SGP. So, once you know who is on
the other side -via configuration or ASPId-, in the future the identity of
your peer does not change.

   Tolga

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Rammohan G
> Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 5:36 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sigtran] ASP ID Clarification
>
>
> Hi All,
>
>