Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: AS-ACTIVE state.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:17:33 -0600

The description for AS-ACTIVE state introduces the concept of 'n'.
There is no concept of 'n' for Override or Broadcast traffic modes.
The offending passage is:

|   AS-ACTIVE: The Application Server is available and application
|   traffic is active. The AS moves to this state after being in AS-
|   INACTIVE and getting n ASPs in ASP-ACTIVE state or, after reaching
|   AS-ACTIVE and keeping one or more ASPs in ASP-ACTIVE state.
|   When it is considered that one ASP is enough to handle traffic
|   (smooth start), the AS in AS-INACTIVE MAY reach the AS-ACTIVE as soon
|   as the first ASP moves to the ASP-ACTIVE state.

Please put this back to the RFC text which is applicable to all traffic
modes:

>   AS-ACTIVE: The Application Server is available and application
>   traffic is active.  This state implies that at least one ASP is in
>   the ASP-ACTIVE state.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran