Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Deleted ASP Active when ASP-ACTIVE.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 02:44:06 -0600

The draft deleted the following paragraph from the RFC:

<  The SGP MUST send an ASP Active Ack message in response to a received
<  ASP Active message from the ASP, if the ASP is already marked in the
<  ASP-ACTIVE state at the SGP.

This passage addresses the proper response to repeated ASP Active messages
and needs to be retained in the protocol.  Add this passage back to section
4.3.4.3. on its own.  It does not matter if there is an RC in the message or
not.  If the AS can be identified (which it must to determine the state of the
ASP in the AS) and the ASP is in the ASP-ACTIVE state for the AS (regardless
of whether RC is mandatory or not), an ASP Active Ack message MUST be
returned.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran