Subject: [Sigtran] M3UAv02 Last Call Comment: CIC and SSN removal

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 17:01:09 -0600

Reference to routing keys on CIC and SSN has not been fully removed from the
document.  Section 1.2 Terminology "Application Server (AS)" has reference to
CIC which is no longer correct.  The offending passage is:

1.2 Terminology

   Application Server (AS) - A logical entity serving a specific Routing
   Key.  An example of an Application Server is a virtual switch element
   handling all call processing for a unique range of PSTN trunks,
   identified by an SS7 SIO/DPC/OPC/CIC_range.  Another example is a
   virtual database element, handling all HLR transactions for a
   particular SS7 DPC/OPC/SCCP_SSN combination.  The AS contains a set
   of one or more unique Application Server Processes, of which one or
   more is normally actively processing traffic.  Note that there is a
   1:1 relationship between an AS and a Routing Key.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran