Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Missing conditional parameters.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:05:35 -0600

There is no error for a missing conditional parameter (specifically Network
Appearance) when it is required by the M3UA peer in the message.  The
pertinent passage is:

|3.8  Management (MGMT) Messages
|
|3.8.1  Error
|
|   ...
|
|   The "Missing Parameter" error would be sent if a mandatory parameter
|   were not included in a message.

Change to: (taking the active voice)

    The "Missing Parameter" error is sent if a mandatory parameter is not
    included in a message.  This error is also sent if a conditional
    parameter is not included in the message but is required in the context
    of the received messge.

It wouold also be helpful to identify the parameter that is considered
missing.

Another approach would be to add an additional error for missing
"Network Appearance" when it is required by SGP or ASP.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran