Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Mask in OPC List.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 19:15:02 -0600

Because an OPC list is just that, there is no reason not to permit the
Mask value to be used.  The offending passage is:

|   OPC List:
|
|      The Originating Point Code List parameter contains one or more SS7
|      OPC entries, and its format is the same as the Destination Point
|      Code parameter.  The absence of the OPC List parameter in the
|      Routing Key indicates the use of any OPC value,
|
|       0                   1                   2                   3
|       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
|
|      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|      |         Tag = 0x020e          |             Length            |
|      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|      |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #1            |
|      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|      |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #2            |
|      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|      /                              ...                              /
|      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|      |    Mask = 0   |          Origination Point Code #n            |
|      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Please change "Mask = 0" to "Mask".  With the change to DPC already
noted, the Mask value will be interpreted per Setion 3.4.1  Affected
(Destination) Point Code parameter.

This too was discussed at length following finalization of the RFC.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran