Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: SSN Loadsharing

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 17:03:33 -0600

Loadsharing on SSN does not make any sense.  SSN is not a rational
basis for loadsharing.

The offending passage is:

4.3.4.3 ASP Active Procedures

...

   In the case of a Loadshare mode AS, reception of an ASP Active
   message at an SGP or IPSP causes the direction of traffic to the ASP
   sending the ASP Active message, in addition to all the other ASPs
   that are currently active in the AS.  The algorithm at the SGP for
   loadsharing traffic within an AS to all the active ASPs is
   implementation dependent.  The algorithm could, for example, be
   round-robin or based on information in the Data message (e.g., the
   SLS, SCCP SSN, ISUP CIC value).

Please remove SCCP SSN from the passage.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran