Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: ASP Inactive nit.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 03:06:07 -0600

Change:

|  An ASP Inactive message MUST always be responded by the peer
|  (although other messages may be sent in the middle) in the following
|  way:
|
|     - If the ASP Inactive message contains a RC parameter and the
|        corresponding RK is defined (by either static configuration or
|        dynamic registration), the peer MUST respond with an ASP
|        Inactive Ack message.
|
|     - If the ASP Inactive message contains a RC parameter that is not
|        defined (by either static configuration or dynamic
|        registration), the peer MUST respond with an ERROR message with
|        Error Code = "Invalid Routing Context".
|
|     - If the ASP Inactive message does not contain a RC parameter and
|        the RK is defined (by either static configuration or dynamic
|        registration), the peer must turn the ASP/IPSP to ASP-INACTIVE
|        state in all the ASes it serves and MUST respond with an ASP
|        Inactive Ack message.
|
|     - If the ASP Inactive message does not contain a RC parameter and
|        the RK is not defined (by either static configuration or dynamic
|        registration), the peer MUST respond with an ERROR message with
|        Error Code = "No configured AS for ASP".

This does not say which side sends or receives the messages but just
says the "peer".  This is not clear.  Also, other diction in this
passage is inconsistent with the rest of the document.  Please change
to read:

>  An SGP responds to an ASP Inactive message in the following way:
>
>     - If the received ASP Inactive message contains a RC parameter and
>       the corresponding RK is defined (by either static configuration
>       or dynamic registration), the SGP MUST respond with an ASP
>       Inactive Ack message.
>
>     - If the received ASP Inactive message contains a RC parameter
>       that is not defined (by either static configuration or dynamic
>       registration), the SGP MUST respond with an ERROR message with
>       Error Code = "Invalid Routing Context".
>
>     - If the received ASP Inactive message does not contain a RC
>       parameter and an RK is defined (by either static configuration
>       or dynamic registration), the SGP MUST move the ASP/IPSP to the
>       ASP-INACTIVE state in all the Application Servers it serves and
>       MUST respond with an ASP Inactive Ack message.
>
>     - If the received ASP Inactive message does not contain a RC
>       parameter and the RK is not defined (by either static
>       configuration or dynamic registration), the SGP MUST respond
>       with an Error message with Error Code = "No configured AS for
>       ASP".

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran