Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: AS connected to SG

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 18:00:08 -0600

An AS is not connected to an SG: and ASP is connected to an SGP.  The
offending passage is:

|3.3.1 Payload Data Message (DATA)
|
|   ...
|
|   Network Appearance: 32-bits (unsigned integer)
|
|      ...
|
|      The Network Appearance parameter value is of local significance
|      only, coordinated between the SG and AS. Therefore, in the case
|      where an AS is connected to more than one SG, the same SS7 network
|      context may be identified by different Network Appearance values
|      depending over which SG a message is being transmitted/received.

Please change to:

      The Network Appearance parameter value is of local significance
      only, coordinated between the SG and AS. Therefore, in the case
      where an ASP is connected to more than one SGP, the same SS7 network
      context may be identified by different Network Appearance values
      depending over which SGP a message is being transmitted/received.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran