Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Examples: more missing notifies.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 04:51:53 -0600

Example 5.1.2 is missing a notify as follows:

5.1.2 Two ASPs in Application Server ("1+1" sparing)

   This scenario shows the example M3UA message flows for the
   establishment of traffic between an SGP and two ASPs in the same
   Application Server, where ASP1 is configured to be in the ASP-ACTIVE
   state and ASP2 is to be a "backup" in the event of communication
   failure or the withdrawal from service of ASP1.  ASP2 may act as a
   hot, warm, or cold backup depending on the extent to which ASP1 and
   ASP2 share call/transaction state or can communicate call state under
   failure/withdrawal events.  The example message flow is the same
   whether the ASP Active messages indicate "Override", "Loadshare" or
   "Broadcast" mode, although typically this example would use an
   Override mode.

         SGP                      ASP1                       ASP2
          |                        |                          |
          |<--------ASP Up---------|                          |
          |-------ASP Up Ack------>|                          |
          |                        |                          |
          |--NOTIFY(AS-INACTIVE)-->|                          |
          |                        |                          |
          |<----------------------------ASP Up----------------|
          |----------------------------ASP Up Ack------------>|
>         |                        |                          |
>         |--------------------------NOTIFY(AS-INACTIVE)----->|
          |                        |                          |
          |                        |                          |
          |<-------ASP Active------|                          |
          |------ASP Active Ack--->|                          |
          |                        |                          |
          |---NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)--->|                          |
          |--------------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)------->|
          |                        |                          |

Example 5.1.3 is missing the same notify:

5.1.3 Two ASPs in an Application Server ("1+1" sparing,
      loadsharing case)

   This scenario shows a similar case to Section 5.1.2 but where the two
   ASPs are brought to the state ASP-ACTIVE and subsequently loadshare
   the traffic.  In this case, one ASP is sufficient to handle the total
   traffic load.

         SGP                      ASP1                       ASP2
          |                        |                          |
          |<---------ASP Up--------|                          |
          |--------ASP Up Ack----->|                          |
          |                        |                          |
          |--NOTIFY(AS-INACTIVE)-->|                          |
          |                        |                          |
          |<-----------------------------ASP Up---------------|
          |----------------------------ASP Up Ack------------>|
>         |                        |                          |
>         |--------------------------NOTIFY(AS-INACTIVE)----->|
          |                        |                          |
          |<--ASP Active (Ldshr)---|                          |
          |-----ASP-Active Ack---->|                          |
          |                        |                          |
          |---NOTIFY (AS-ACTIVE)-->|                          |
          |-----------------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)---->|
          |                        |                          |
          |<---------------------------ASP Active (Ldshr)-----|
          |------------------------------ASP Active Ack------>|
          |                        |                          |

Example 5.1.4 is missing the same notify (also notify in wrong place):

5.1.4 Three ASPs in an Application Server ("n+k" sparing,
   loadsharing case)

   This scenario shows the example M3UA message flows for the
   establishment of traffic between an SGP and three ASPs in the same
   Application Server, where two of the ASPs are brought to the state
   ASP-ACTIVE and subsequently share the load.  In this case, a minimum
   of two ASPs are required to handle the total traffic load (2+1
   sparing).

        SGP                 ASP1                ASP2                ASP3
          |                   |                   |                   |

          |<------ASP Up------|                   |                   |
          |-----ASP Up Ack--->|                   |                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
>         |NTFY(AS-INACTIVE)->|                   |                   |
>         |                   |                   |                   |
          |<-------------------------ASP Up-------|                   |
          |------------------------ASP Up Ack---->|                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
<         |NTFY(AS-INACTIVE)->|                   |                   |
          |------------------NOTIFY(AS-INACTIVE)->|                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |<--------------------------------------------ASP Up--------|
          |--------------------------------------------ASP Up Ack---->|
          |                   |                   |                   |
>         |----------------------------------------NOTIFY(AS-INACTIVE>|
>         |                   |                   |                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |<--ASP Act (Ldshr)-|                   |                   |
          |----ASP Act Ack--->|                   |                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
>         |--NTFY(AS-ACTIVE)->|                   |                   |
>         |--------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)->|                   |
>         |----------------------------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)->|
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |<-------------------ASP Act. (Ldshr)---|                   |
          |----------------------ASP Act Ack----->|                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
<         |--NTFY(AS-ACTIVE)->|                   |                   |
<         |--------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)->|                   |
<         |----------------------------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)->|
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |

Example 5.2.3 missing a notify:

5.2.3 (n+k Sparing, Loadsharing case, Withdrawal of ASP)

   Following on from the example in Section 5.1.4, and ASP1 withdraws
   from service:

        SGP                 ASP1                ASP2                ASP3
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |<----ASP Inact.----|                   |                   |
          |---ASP Inact Ack-->|                   |                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |--NTFY(Ins. ASPs)->|                   |                   |
>         |-------------------NOTIFY(Ins. ASPs)-->|                   |
          |---------------------------------------NOTIFY(Ins. ASPs)-->|
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |<----------------------------------------ASP Act (Ldshr)---|
          |------------------------------------------ASP Act (Ack)--->|
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |-NTFY(AS-ACTIVE)-->|                   |                   |
          |-------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)-->|                   |
          |---------------------------------------NOTIFY(AS-ACTIVE)-->|
          |                   |                   |                   |
          |                   |                   |                   |

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran