Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: SE and Static RK configuration.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:24:17 -0600

The SE model does not require static RK configuration.  Also, the DE
model does not require dynamic RK configuration.  The offending passage
is:

|4.3 AS and ASP State Maintenance
|
|   ...
|
|   1- IPSP Single Exchange (SE) model. Only a single exchange of ASPTM
|      or ASPSM messages is needed to change the IPSP state. This means
|      that a set of request from one end and acknowledge from the other
|      will be enough. This configuration requires static RK
|      configuration.
|
|   2- IPSP Double Exchange (DE) model. Both IPSPs have to send request
|      messages and both IPSPs have to acknowledge the request messages
|      from the other end. This results in a double exchange of ASPTM and
|      ASPSM message, one from each end. This configuration supports
|      dynamic routing key configuration by using RKM messages in the
|      same way as ASP-SGP scenario.

Strike the last sentence of each paragraph.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran