Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: AS-INACTIVE state.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:13:38 -0600

The concept 'n' was introduced in to the description of the AS-INACTIVE
state.  There is no concept 'n' for Override or Broadcast traffic modes.
The offending passage is:

|  AS-INACTIVE: The Application Server is available but no application
|  traffic is active. One or more ASPs are in ASP-INACTIVE state and/or
|  the number of ASPs in ASP-ACTIVE state has not reached n.  The
|  recovery timer T(r) is not running or has expired.

Please put this back to the RFC text which is applicable to all traffic modes:

>  AS-INACTIVE: The Application Server is available but no application
>  traffic is active (i.e., one or more related ASPs are in the ASP-
>  INACTIVE state, but none in the ASP-ACTIVE state).  The recovery
>  timer T(r) is not running or has expired.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran