Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Section 4.6 Restart

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 04:19:00 -0600

The following text was added to section 4.6:

|  When an ASP becomes active for an AS and the SG is experiencing SS7
|  network isolation or is performing the MTP Restart procedure for the
|  AS, the SG MAY send a DUNA message for the concerned destinations to
|  the newly active ASP to prevent the ASP from sending traffic.

It needs to also be noted that these messages can be sent after receiving
the ASP Active and before sending the ASP Active Ack.  This is the only way to
ensure that traffic is not initiated by the ASP to these destinations before
the SSNM messages are received.

It needs to also be noted that SCON and DRST (and even DAVA) messages can be
sent in addition to DUNA messages.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran