Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA-v02 Last Call Comment: Section 4.5.1.

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 03:43:12 -0600

The following text was added:

|  For the particular case that an ASP becomes active for an AS and
|  destinations normally accessible to the AS are inaccessible,
|  restricted or congested, the SG MAY send DUNA, DRST or SCON messages
|  for the inaccessible, restricted or congested destinations to the ASP
|  newly active for the AS to prevent the ASP from sending traffic for
|  destinations that it might otherwise not know that are inaccessible,
|  restricted or congested.

Correct idea, but it was also decided that the SGP can send these messages
after receiving the ASP Active but before sending ASP Active Ack.  Add a
sentence to the effect of:

>  For the newly activating ASP from which the SGP has received an ASP
>  Active message, these DUNA, DRST and SCON messages MAY be sent before
>  sending the ASP Active Ack that completes the activation procedure.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran