Subject: [Sigtran] SG M2UA handling of ASP switchover

From: Sunita Bhagwat <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Apr 2005 18:57:09 +0530

Hi,
In case of an ASP switchover scenario in an M2UA redundant-ASP setup, I
am facing the below issue -

-1- SG is configured for redundant ASPs (ASP1 and ASP2), ASP1 is the
Active ASP.

-2- ASP1 goes Down, ASP2 takes over; it sends a Data Retrieval request
to SG to retrieve the buffers.

-3- Should MTP3 (corresponding to ASP1) on MGC send a Release Request
for the link just before going down? I assume it should not, but in case
it does send the Release Request for a link just before going down, is
the SG expected to buffer all the data to be transmitted till the new
ASP takes over and sends the Retrieval request?

-4- In the above case, can the SG start the recovery timer [T(r)] on
getting the Release Request for the link, to queue/buffer data for later
retrieval by MTP3 of ASP2?

-5- If T(r) is used as mentioned above, would it be a violation of the
RFC (I did not find a similar scenario in RFC 3331).

Any help would be appreciated!
Regards,
Sunita

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran