Subject: [Sigtran] Modification of RK in Registration Procedure

From: "Abhishek Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:33:11 +0530

Hi Brian,

I had a query regarding the modification of RK in RFC 4666. Taking the
scenario

SGP1 communicating with two ASP's ASP1 and ASP2 which serve the same AS
ie AS1. Dynamically ASP1 sends Registration Request for AS1 with routing
key RK1 for which SG returns RC1. ASP2 to register for same AS with SGP
should send the exact match of RK1 and it also receives RC1.

If ASP1 requests modification sending modified RK1 with RC1. SG modifies
the RK1. Now how this change will be reflected on ASP2?

If there was a DATA message which as per initial RK1 was sent to ASP1
and then ASP requests for modification of RK, it can be a case where RK
gets modified and we receive traffic for AS which may not now qualify
for that AS as per modified RK.

Also I guess the other procedures remains same, when we received
modified RK SG should be checking for its uniqueness and validity. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Abhishek 

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran