Subject: [Sigtran] Error - Routing Key not Currently Provisioned

From: "Abhishek Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 12:23:55 +0530

Hi,

>From the excerpt in RFC 4666

If an SGP determines that a received Routing Key does not currently
exist, and the SGP supports dynamic configuration but requires that the
Routing Key first be manually provisioned at the SGP, the SGP returns a
Registration Response message to the ASP, containing a Registration
Result "Error - Routing Key not Currently Provisioned".

Can anyone give clarification what is the rationale behind keeping
routing keys manually provisioned. Does this statement means that all
Routing Keys have to be statically configured on SGP and any
registration request for new routing key will be rejected, in this
scenario mentioned or is this statement applicable for selected routing
keys which always have to manually provisioned rather than dynamically.

Thanks

Abhishek

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 01:55:58 -0600

Abhishek,

For SS7 MTP there is no discovery protocol for routes: all routes are
explicitly provisioned.  On top of that, some might be provisioned for
use by an ASP and some might not.

--brian

Abhishek Jain wrote:                           (Mon, 07 May 2007 12:23:55)
>    exist,  and  the  SGP supports dynamic configuration but requires that
>    the  Routing  Key  first  be  manually provisioned at the SGP, the SGP
>    returns  a  Registration  Response  message  to  the ASP, containing a
>    Registration Result "Error - Routing Key not Currently Provisioned".
> 
>     
> 
>    scenario  mentioned  or  is  this  statement  applicable  for selected
>    routing  keys  which  always  have to manually provisioned rather than
>    dynamically.
> 
> 
>    Thanks
> 
>    Abhishek

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/