Subject: RE: [Sigtran] # of Signalling Processes

From: "Salil Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:09:42 +0530

Hi Ilie, 

See below the response. 

Thanks,

Salil

________________________________

From: Ilie Glib [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:55 PM
To: Salil Agrawal
Cc: sigtran
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] # of Signalling Processes

Hello Salil

see below.

Regards

/Ilie

On 5/9/07, Salil Agrawal <[email-masked]> wrote: 

Hi Ilie, 

There is no restriction by any of the sigtran RFC on th number of ASP,
AS, SG or SGP supports, so any SIGTRAN signalling entity can have any
number of AS/ASP per SG/SGP or reverse till it does not break the
theoretical limit I mean ASP ID is coded as 4 BYTE in many messages so
until unless we are able to support it is acceptable from RFC point of
view. 

/ilie I am curious what system has support for 2^24 remote signalling
processes per AS. If there is no one, then none of existing systems
complies in that sense to the RFCs.

[Salil] the idea is RFC has no restriction so it is up to the
implementation how much they want to support.

	The problem of the interoperability, I don't see any issue in
that can you please specify what type of issue you visualize in the
interoperability when using different number of redundant processes. 

/ilie Imagine 256 ASPs going active for the same signalling point code /
RK. Will your SG acknowledge all ASPACs? If so, will your SG loadshare
traffic between all of those? 

If your SG does not ack all 256 ASPACs, does it provide for
interoperability? 

[Salil] Yes if the mode is load hare the SG will send the ACK to all the
ASPAC received from each of the ASP, and will do the load sharing to
base on some criteria.

	Thanks,

	Salil

________________________________

	From: Ilie Glib [mailto: [email-masked]] 
	Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:16 PM 
	To: sigtran
	Subject: [Sigtran] # of Signalling Processes

	Hello Folks,
	
	SIGTRAN protocols provide support for systems redundancy and
scalability by implementing the concept of signalling processes (SGP,
ASP, IPSP) and TMT. 
	
	Could you please share your view on the minimum number of
signalling processes per logical entity (AS or SG) that the SIGTRAN
signalling processes MUST support. 
	
	I am after answers to very simple questions like 
	
	1. How many SGPs shall a standard ASP support per SG? 
	2. How many SGs shall a standard ASP support per SS7
destination? 
	3. How many ASPs shall an SGP/SG support per AS? 
	4. How many remote signaling processes per logical entity
(SG/AS) have to be supported to comply with SIGTRAN RFCs? 
	
	I would expect that SIGTRAN RFCs provide answers to the
questions above. However, to my knowledge, none of the RFCs puts any
limit on the number of redundant signalling processes. In my view this
may result in interoperability problems and traffic disturbances. 
	
	5. What are the corresponding capabilities of products from main
market players?
	
	These questions make sense almost for all user adaptation layers
and traffic mode types.

	Thank you in advance for your help 
	
	-- 
	Ilie

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran