Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA : couple of questions on Notify

From: Dario <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:57:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

here are few questions related to Notify procedure/messages in M3UA:

1. what events are trigerring Notify message with Status Type "Other" and
Status Information "ASP Failure"?

2. some events may trigger two indications - can SGP send two Notify message
trigerred by the same event?

3. for IPSP - IPSP case, should both sides send Notify message when AS state
changes?

thanks,
Dario
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/M3UA-%3A-couple-of-questions-on-Notify-tf3927410.html#a11137971
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:19:31 -0600

Dario,

Dario wrote:                   (Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:57:58)
> Status Information "ASP Failure"?

The failure of an ASP...

> trigerred by the same event?

Yes, and it must in most cases.

> 3. for IPSP - IPSP case, should both sides send Notify message when AS state

Sure, why not?  (But not all are required as an IPSP is not an SGP.)

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/

---

From: Dario <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 05:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

thanks, Brian!
just to clarify the ASP failure case:
This is indicated as transport connection failure (SCTP COMMUNICATION LOST
indication).
Is there any other event to trigger ASP failure?

thanks,
Dario

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/M3UA-%3A-couple-of-questions-on-Notify-tf3927410.html#a11138545
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:18:36 -0600

Dario,

Dario wrote:                                                         (Fri, 15 Jun 2007 05:32:41)
> Is there any other event to trigger ASP failure?

That is pretty much it (perhaps also SCTP RESTART).  An ASP intentionally
issuing ASP Down has not failed.  If the SGP feelds that the ASP is not
responding properly (getting too many errors, or fatal errors), it could
also consider the ASP as failed (even though the SCTP association is viable,
M3UA communication to the ASP is not possible).  But then it should probably
drop the SCTP association anyway.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/