Subject: [Sigtran] help:about Destination Address parameter of COREF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 12:56:07 +0800

Hello :
I have a question about SUA COREF Message ,in RFC3868 describe of
Destination Address parameter of COREF is
"NOTE *1:    Destination Address parameter will be present in case
               that the received CORE message conveys the Source
               Address parameter.  "
it define Destination Address is CORE's Source Address.but COREF
Destination Address parameter is a optional parameter,so it is not a
according of routing.

in Q.714 ,it's not define clearly which address will chose in CREF called
party address parameter.but it said that DIS_CONNECTIND message responding
address is CREF called party address,description is in below

"It is the task of the outgoing international gateway2 (or originating
international node) to make sure that the calling party address or
responding address (i.e. called party address parameter in a CC or CREF
message) satisfies the following rules:"

in Q.711,it said

"The "responding address" parameter is present in the N-DISCONNECT
primitive only in the case where the primitive is used to indicate
rejection of a signalling connection establishment attempt by an SCCP user
function. The parameter conveys the address of the service access point
from which the N-DISCONNECT-request was issued and under circumstances like
that mentioned above the "responding address" may be different from the
"called address" in the corresponding N-CONNECT request primitive."

from the description of "responding address",it's address of
N-DISCONNECT-request point.

I think it's conflicting in description between RFC3868 and Q71X,which
should be of Destination Address parameter? Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Salil Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:54:52 +0530

Hi Chen Puran, 

I am not sure that I have understand your problem clearly or not,
regarding RFC 3868 it is very clear that the COREF should always contain
("will contain" as the note *1) the destination address parameter as the
source address parameter received in the CORE message if received only,
the same is true for the COAK also. Though it should not used for the
routing purposes.

And regarding the Q71X, I think these are too very clear about the
Called party address parameter use in the case of CC/CREF message, just
want to mention one thing called party behavior is same for CC/CREF in
case of SCCP. So the called party should be the calling party address
received in the CR message.

Section 2.2.1 NOTE - The called party address in the CREF or CC messages
shall not be used for routing. 

Thought section 2.7.2 defines some rules for the international gateway
(in case of international network) on the responding address but it's
not saying that the destination should not be filled as source address
parameter.

I hope I have answered your query, please let me know if not. 

Thanks,
Salil

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 10:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] help:about Destination Address parameter of COREF

Hello :

in Q.714 ,it's not define clearly which address will chose in CREF
called
party address parameter.but it said that DIS_CONNECTIND message
responding
address is CREF called party address,description is in below

in Q.711,it said

"The "responding address" parameter is present in the N-DISCONNECT
primitive only in the case where the primitive is used to indicate
rejection of a signalling connection establishment attempt by an SCCP
user
function. The parameter conveys the address of the service access point
from which the N-DISCONNECT-request was issued and under circumstances
like
that mentioned above the "responding address" may be different from the
"called address" in the corresponding N-CONNECT request primitive."