Subject: [Sigtran] M2UA: Messages sequence in case of error

From: "flash view" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:02:33 +0300

Hello,

RFC3331, 4.3.4.1 ASP Up Procedures says: "If an ASP Up message is received
and internally the remote ASP is in the ASP-ACTIVE state, an ASP Up Ack
message is returned, as well as an Error message ("Unexpected Message), and
the remote ASP state is changed to ASP-INACTIVE in all relevant Application
Servers."

Which message sequence is right?

1)
ASP1   --->  ASP UP                                ---> SG (ASP1 is in the
ASP-ACTIVE)
ASP1   <---  Error(Unexpected message)    <---  SG
ASP1   <---  ASP UP ACK                         <---  SG

2)
ASP1   --->  ASP UP                                ---> SG (ASP1 is in the
ASP-ACTIVE)
ASP1   <---  ASP UP ACK                         <---  SG
ASP1   <---  Error(Unexpected message)    <---  SG

Thank You.
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 01:38:25 -0600

flash,

IMO (1).

--brian

flash view wrote:                                                    (Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:02:33)
> 
>    Hello,
>    RFC3331, [1]4.3.4.1  ASP  Up Procedures says: "If an ASP Up message is
>    received  and internally the remote ASP is in the ASP-ACTIVE state, an
>    ASP  Up  Ack  message  is  returned,  as  well  as  an  Error  message
>    ("Unexpected  Message),  and  the  remote  ASP  state  is  changed  to
>    ASP-INACTIVE in all relevant Application Servers."
>    ASP1   --->  ASP UP                                ---> SG (ASP1 is in
>    the ASP-ACTIVE)
>    ASP1   --->  ASP UP                                ---> SG (ASP1 is in
>    the ASP-ACTIVE)
> References
>    1. http://4.3.4.1/

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/