Subject: [Sigtran] M2UA: Response to unexpected MAUP message

From: "flash view" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:58:40 +0300

Hello,

In the RFC 3331 4.3.4.3 ASP Active Procedures there is a statement: "If the
SGP receives any Data messages before an ASP Active message is received, the
SGP MAY discard them". I believe " Data
messages" are the MAUP messages. Is it correct?

Standard says that SGP MAY discard unexpected Data
messages. But in case of response to that messages, SGP can use MGMT
Error message. The question is: Which Error code should to be used?

I see two ways:

1. Error code  - Unexpected Message 0x6   - in case an SGP it was in the *
Inactive* state; (see The "Unexpected Message" error description in
3.3.3.1Error (ERR))
2. Error code  - Protocol Error 0x7               - in case an SGP it was in
the *Down* state;

Is it correct?

Thank You.
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Salil Agrawal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:39:42 +0530

Please find my response. 

Thanks,

Salil

________________________________

From: flash view [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sigtran] M2UA: Response to unexpected MAUP message

Hello,

In the RFC 3331 4.3.4.3 ASP Active Procedures there is a statement: "If
the SGP receives any Data messages before an ASP Active message is
received, the SGP MAY discard them". I believe " Data messages" are the
MAUP messages. Is it correct? 
[Salil] Yes

Standard says that SGP MAY discard unexpected Data messages. But in case
of response to that messages, SGP can use MGMT Error message. The
question is: Which Error code should to be used?

I see two ways:

1. Error code  - Unexpected Message 0x6   - in case an SGP it was in the
Inactive state; (see The "Unexpected Message" error description in
3.3.3.1 Error (ERR))
2. Error code  - Protocol Error 0x7               - in case an SGP it
was in the Down state; 

[Salil] I believe for both the cases 0x06 should be filled. 0x07 is for
the bogus message not for the unexpected one.

Is it correct?

Thank You.