Subject: [Sigtran] problem with enabling SCTP heartbeat

From: "Mohammad Arif" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:45:21 +0530

Hi all,
  I want to enable SCTP heartbeat message after every 5 secs in linux
2.6kernel SCTP.
  so i m using below piece of code but setsockopt returns error saying
invalid parameters.

  sp.spp_hbinterval = 0x5000;
  setsockopt(iconnSock, IPPROTO_SCTP, SCTP_PEER_ADDR_PARAMS, &sp,
sizeof(sp));

  Any idea,whats the problem with this?

  thanks in advance.

-- 
Regards
Mohammad Arif
_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:13:53 -0700

Mohammad,

Did you think that 0x5000 represented 5 seconds?  If you still
do, how did you come to that conclusion?  I think that if
spp_hbinterval is in milliseconds (which it is), 0x5000 would
be 20.480 seconds, not 5.000 seconds.

Are there some other members of the sp structure that you think
that you might need to set?  (For example, you might consider
setting the SPP_HB_ENABLE flag in the spp_flags member.  You
might also consider zeroing the spp_assoc_id and spp_address
members.)

Read draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-xx.txt, where xx is the latest
release of that draft (15, I think -- no, not 0x15 ;).
Questions on that draft can be directed to [email-masked]
instead of this mailing list.

Questions on the linux kernel can be directed to many of the
mailing lists at kernel.org, see http://www.kernel.org/ for a
tutorial on reporting bugs there.

--brian

Mohammad Arif wrote:                           (Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:45:21)
>    2.6 kernel SCTP.

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/