Subject: [Sigtran] Should ABORT chunks be sent when SCTP endpoint is destroyed?

From: Shmelev Kirill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:54:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi, experts!
Please, help me with understanding of one important aspect of SCTP
functionality.
When user decides to destroy an SCTP endpoint, it sends ULP primitive
DESTROY. Upon recieving of this primitive, SCTP should simply destroy
concerned endpoint (according to RFC 4960, ch. 10.1, letter P).
The question is - should the associations used by this endpoint be
terminated also? More precisely - should SCTP send ABORT chunks when SCTP
endpoint is being destroyed?

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Should-ABORT-chunks-be-sent-when-SCTP-endpoint-is-destroyed--tp14755015p14755015.html
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:24:01 -0700

Shmelev,

Shmelev Kirill wrote:                         (Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:54:53)
> endpoint is being destroyed?

It does not really mattter.  When the TCB is destroyed, the local SCTP will
respond to all peer messages for that association with an ABORT.  Whether
an ABORT is sent coincident with destroying the TCB is implementation
dependent (I do).

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/