Subject: [Sigtran] Doubt with Interface Identifier in M2UA

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:42:30 +0530

Hello all,

    According to RFC 3331 section 3.2 While sending the Integer
Interface Identifier the Length has to be always set to 8 (i.e., each
Integer Interface Identifier should have a separate tag and length). But
in the message definition of ASP Active (Section 3.3.2.7) while defining
the format of the Integer Interface Identifier it does not indicate the
length to be 8 but gives the structure as Tag(0x1), Length followed by
Interface Identifiers.

Now my doubt is whether it is correct/acceptable for an ASP to send
multiple Integer Interface Identifiers with a Single tag and length
value. For example it I have two Integer Interfaces (Integer Interface
Id1 and Integer Interface id 2) can I send the ASP Active with Integer
Interface Identifier as follows

Tag (0x1)

Length =16 (indicates two interfaces)

Integer interface id 1

Integer Interface id 2

Regards,

Rajangam

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 06:07:28 -0600

rajangam.subramanian,

No.  If you want to list two Integer Interface Identifiers it is:

	Tag (0x1), Length (8)
	Integer interface id 1
	Tag (0x1), Length (8)
	Integer interface id 2

--brian

[email-masked] wrote:                 (Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:42:30)
>    Integer Interface Identifier should have a separate tag and length).
>    But in the message definition of ASP Active (Section 3.3.2.7) while
>    defining the format of the Integer Interface Identifier it does not
>    indicate the length to be 8 but gives the structure as Tag(0x1), Length
>    followed by Interface Identifiers.
> 
> 
> 

> _______________________________________________
> Sigtran mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/