Subject: [Sigtran] [M3UA] NA validation

From: Santhana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:49:47 +0530

Hi

            When the Network Appearance, is found invalid the RFC suggests
that the SGP should send an ERROR(INVALID_NETWORK_APPEARANCE) message. 

Based on this, it leads to some confusion

1)       Can SGP also include NA in messages sent to ASP. Or only the ASP
should include NA in the messages sent to SGP ?

2)       If the ASP finds invalid NA, can it also send the above
ERROR(INVALID_ NETWORK_APPEARANCE) message ?

Also when Network Appearance is invalid, what should be the treatment for
the offending message. Should it be discarded or can it be processed(if an
implementation can process it without NA) ?

Pls clarify.

regards

Santhana

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 17:43:47 -0600

Santhana,

Santhana wrote:                                                   (Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:49:47)
>    Hi
> 
>                When the Network Appearance, is found invalid the RFC
>    suggests that the SGP should send an ERROR(INVALID_NETWORK_APPEARANCE)
>    message.
> 
> 
>    1)       Can SGP also include NA in messages sent to ASP. Or only the
>    ASP should include NA in the messages sent to SGP ?

Read RFC 4666/3.3.1.

>    ERROR(INVALID_ NETWORK_APPEARANCE) message ?

Why not?

>    Also when Network Appearance is invalid, what should be the treatment
>    for the offending message. Should it be discarded or can it be
>    processed(if an implementation can process it without NA) ?

Your choice.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/