Subject: [Simple] Re: draft-rosenberg-simple-components-00.txt (Realtime Authorization)

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:19:33 -0500

Li Hua Tang wrote:
> 
> Jonathan,
> 
> Thanks for your indication to user presence status. I find related
> definition in RFC2778.
> 
> One more question about realtime authorization.
> 
> If the presentity has subscribed for winfo event, the PS can send the
> pending wacther status to the presentity to ask for authorization. But
> if
> the presentity didn't do so at early time, how can the PS notify it of a
> waiting authorization?

If the presentity wants to find out about waiting or pending
subscriptions, it needs to subscribe to, or fetch, watcherinfo. If the
presentity doesn't subscribe or fetch the watcherinfo, it won't know,
and there is no way for the server to tell it.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple