Subject: [Simple] watcher info problem in PA/Proxy/Registrar model

From: "Li Hua Tang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:49:57 +0800

Hi,all

Using a PA/Proxy/Registrar model, I find it's difficult for PS to handle
Event:presence.winfo subscription.

If a Event:presence subscription is proxying (when PS acts as a proxy), PS
can't get to know the watcher status anymore. That means if a presentity
wants to learn who have subscribed to its presence by sending a
Event:presence.winfo subscription, PS can only return watcher info about
which status is pending or waiting. So I doubt the PA/Proxy/Registrar model
again. Is there any good solution to this?

Best regards,

Tang Lihua
Email:  [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 20:20:36 -0500

Li Hua Tang wrote:
> can't get to know the watcher status anymore.

Right.

> That means if a presentity

The PS wouldn't terminate the subscriptions for watcher information; it
would proxy them, just as it did the original presence information. The
server that handles the subscriptions for some package foo needs to
handle foo.winfo. This is much clearer in the next rev of the
specification.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple