Subject: [Simple] Date header and offline messages

From: Torrey Searle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:33:57 +0100

in 9.5 it seems to allow for a store and forward mechanism with sip 
messaging.
Am I correct in assuming that the Date header a forwared delayed request 
must have an updated date header to avoid being blocked by the replay 
prevention described in 11.3?

If the date header is updated on the forward, can there be an 
"Originally-Sent" header?  In the case when a message stored on the 
server because the final destination was offline.  Informing the user of 
the time the message originally was sent can be informative.  IM 
services such as Yahoo also have timestamps to indicate when an offline 
message was originally sent.

Torrey Searle
Indigo Software
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 01:38:31 -0500

> prevention described in 11.3?

Good point.

I would prefer that the date header NOT be updated (as this would
invalidate the signature). Rather, the text in the message draft add
some words that indicate that a late IM may not indicate an attack, and
then give some guidelines about what it would mean, and when its OK, and
when its not.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple