Subject: [Simple] Issue 5: Deleted State

From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:24:51 -0500

MDN has a concept of reporting that the UAS automatically deleted the
message, versus the user deleting the message.

The IMDN draft does not carry forward this concept, as it has not been
of much use in the real world of MDN deployment.

Does anyone care?

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:54:34 +0100

> of much use in the real world of MDN deployment.

I don't :) I find this whole delete state useless for humans. I never 
want anyone to know if I deleted their message or not and I think no 
one wants to tell me either that they deleted my message. Having said 
that, I on the fence if we should keep this deleted state in there at 
all or not. It might be helpful for some automata applications that we 
haven't discovered yet, but should we clutter the protocol now for 
future applications or should we leave it for extensions?

Hisham