Subject: [Simple] Handling of anonymous subscriptions in pres-rules

From: "Zisimopoulos, Haris, VF-Group" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:55:22 -0000

Hello,

I am looking at the handling of anonymous presence subscriptions. After
the removal of <anonymous> element from common policy in the new version
of the pres-rules there seems to be no defined way to support anonymous
subscriptions that will not contain the P-Asserted-Identity, 3GPP in the
IMS specification defines particular settings of the "Privacy" header of
the incoming request that indicate to any application server (in that
case the presence server) that the request is "anonymous". 

Should handling of these type of requests in IMS domains be provided
with vendor specific extensions to common policy (eg in OMA) or is there
any plan to define a <conditions> child element in pres-rules or
draft-ietf-simple-pres-policy-caps-00 (I think there was such an element
there in the past) for that purpose? 

Best regards,
Haris

Haris Zisimopoulos
Vodafone Group Research & Development - UK

Telephone: +44 (0)7919994709
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:58:43 -0500

inline.

> case the presence server) that the request is "anonymous". 

Anonymous subscriptions are supported; what you CANT do is define 
authorization policies for anonymous subscriptions differently than 
unauthenticated ones. You can always specify rules that apply to 
unauthenticated subscriptions by having rules that don't contain an 
<identity> rule.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com