Subject: [Simple] list-xcap-usage default list name question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:38:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

In resource-lists xcap usage, the default name to the list element has not
been specified. How should I interpret it from the clients point of view
and the servers point of view.

Suppose I use client-I, who adds two contacts to his buddy list, in the
default list. This update goes to the XCAPServer, and ther server updates
the default list. Here the default list might contain a name or might not
contain a name (client xcap-uri governs this)

Now I use client-II. client-II initially gets the whole buddy list from
the XCAPServer. Client-II now treats the default list as a list with
"name=default". So any buddy added goes to a new list called default.

Again if I go back to client-I, I see a new list not inteded to be there.
The default list should have been only one.

Is the above understanding right? If so how does the draft deal with it?

Regards
-Anurag

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple