Subject: [Simple] Question on Delivery Reports

From: "Weingarten Jerry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:41:05 +0200

Hi,

I have a question concerning the availability of Delivery Reports for
SIP MESSAGE.  Is there a draft or RFC that describes the possibility of
requesting and receiving delivery reports or is there a basic underlying
assumption that MESSAGE is only used after we have received confirmation
of an INVITE and therefore we assume that the message is always
delivered?

Yaacov (Jerry) Weingarten
Comverse - Standards 
phone: +972-3-645 2392
mobile: +972-52-854 2392
email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:46:33 +0100

On Nov 28, 2005, at 10:41 AM, Weingarten Jerry wrote:

> SIP MESSAGE.  Is there a draft or RFC that describes the possibility 
> of requesting and receiving delivery reports or is there a basic 
> underlying assumption that MESSAGE is only used after we have received 
> confirmation of an INVITE and therefore we assume that the message is 
> always delivered?

Please check

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-simple-imdn-02.txt

The next version will be a SIMPLE WG item.

Thanks,
Hisham