Subject: [Simple] Comment on draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-04

From: "MARJOU Xavier RD-MAPS-LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:22:56 +0100

Hi,

I would like to know how to implement an "always ask" authorization
policy as in the following case: "A watcher W wants to access to
Presentity P's presence information. P wants to receive a confirm
notification from the presence server, not only for the first
subscription, but for each subscription"

One possible way could be: Upon the first reception of the subscription
notification, P can create a rule saying "accept" for the W identity.
Then it modifies this rule with a "confirm". However, everytime P
receives a confirmation demand, it has to modify the rule to "accept"
(so the server knows the subscription is not pending anymore) and then
back to "confirm". This would work, but is not efficient.

Another way could be to add an "allow-once" value in the "3.2.1
Subscription Handling" section in order to tell the server to accept the
current subscription request but to move the subscription into the
confirm state for next subscriptions.

Any thoughts?

Xavier

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple