Subject: [Simple] Next steps with XCAP

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:54:54 -0600

Folks -

In the Vancouver meeting, we looked at several problems that have  
been identified
with XCAP and considered removing it from the RFC editor's queue to  
address them.
Solving some of the problems, particularly conditional insertion,  
would require us to
start at the beginning of the consensus process, taking the result  
through WG and
IETF last call, and through IESG review again before returning the  
document to the
editor's queue. We left the meeting with an outstanding question to  
the group and
to the other organizations depending on this work whether solving  
this problem was
worth the delay in having XCAP available as an RFC.

Subsequent feedback has all pointed towards "yes, we want to solve  
these problems
and we'll deal with the time it takes to do so".  Unless there is  
pressure against this
soon, I will take the official steps to pull XCAP from the queue and  
we will as a group
focus on fixing the outstanding problems that have been identified.

RjS

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple