Subject: [Simple] Interpretation question

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:29:45 -0600

RFC 3863 on the 'entity' attribute:

   The <presence> element MUST have an 'entity' attribute.  The value of
   the 'entity' attribute is the 'pres' URL of the PRESENTITY publishing
   this presence document.

I could read the second sentence as meaning that the 'entity' attribute can only contain a URI with the 'pres:' scheme.  However, the schema doesn't enforce any such restriction, nor does it seem that this is required universally (I can think of several good reasons why URIs of other schemes would be appropriate).

Is this just loose wording?  Is it clarified elsewhere?

Martin 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:59:04 -0500

It can be anything. Its commonly sip. It is clarified in the data model 
specification. See section 3.1 and the later discussion on encoding.

-Jonathan R.

Thomson, Martin wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com