Subject: [Simple] [MSRP v12] Interrupting a SEND of the *same* MSRP session

From: Ignacio Más "Ivars (KI/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:41:18 +0100

Hi all!

Reading carefully the latest draft of MSRP we have some small doubts
about the chunking mechanism. The draft says that any message over 2048
octects should be interruptible "to allow multiple MSRP sessions to
share a TCP connection, and for large messages to be sent efficiently
while not blocking other messages that share the same connection."

I understand the previous paragraph in the following way: one MSRP
session starts sending a large file and another MSRP session using the
same TCP connection is able to interrupt the SEND and interleave its
messages... but what if we have *one* single MSRP session, we start to
send a large file and we want to interleave a text message? Can the MSRP
session that started the file send interrupt itself to send another
message and then continue? This is the way I interpret it, but I would
like a confirmation from the group.

It could be good to clarify the paragraph, perhaps adding "...while not
blocking other messages that share the same connection, or even the same
MSRP session"...

Thanks for the help!
/Ignacio

-- 
Ignacio Más Ivars
Service enablers and protocols, Ericsson Research (EAB/TBG/B)
Ericsson AB                     Phone: +46 8 4045580
Torshamsgatan 23                Fax:   +46 8 4049500
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden     mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:02:55 -0800

> like a confirmation from the group.

yes - your understanding is correct.

> blocking other messages that share the same connection, or even the same

Sounds good - I made this change and the net version will have it.

Thanks.