Subject: [Simple] comments on draft-mahy-simple-xcap-profile-01

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:00:24 -0500

This draft is much improved from the previous version, and I'm pretty 
comfortable with the ideas in the document. Some specific comments below.

Firstly, I think that the document is best viewed as a profile of the 
two application usages under discussion, rather than a profile of xcap 
itself. None of the concepts in the document would apply to a different 
application usage which didn't have specific common places in the 
document where changes were expected.

Secondly, on the server validation - I don't think what you describe 
will work, because the enclosing header and footers won't have namespace 
declarations for the prefixes that are in scope at the point of actual 
insertion. I'd suggest basically using the XML fragment specification to 
construct a wrapper, as it will have the enclosing namespace declarations.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple