Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Presence Information Data format (PIDF) Extension for Partial Presence
	Author(s)	: M. Lonnfors, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-06.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2006-3-8
	
The Presence Information Document Format (PIDF) specifies the
   baseline XML based format for describing presence information.  One
   of the characteristic of the PIDF is that the document always needs
   to carry all presence information available for the presentity.  In
   some environments where low bandwidth and high latency links can
   exist it is often beneficial to limit the amount of transported
   information over the network.  This document introduces a new MIME
   type which enables transporting of either only the changed parts or
   the full PIDF based presence information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:09:53 +0200

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-pidf-format-06.txt

The changelog:
* added "Internationalization Considerations" section (due to IESG
comments on data-model, rpid etc.), i.e. usage of UTF-16 also possible,
although UTF-8 is the RECOMMENDED UCS encoding
* version attribute is optional 
* added rfc3265 reference
* schemaLocation reference changed to registered IANA URN

Otherwise this I-D is considered to be WGLC ready.
br,
Jari