Subject: [Simple] The fate of PIDFConn

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:11:15 +0100

During the SIMPLE WG meeting, the PIDFConn updated internet draft  
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ala-kurikka-simple-pidfconn 
-01.txt) was presented. A poll was taken in the WG meeting asking the  
question of whether the WG would like to take this draft on as a WG  
item. There was an overwhelming majority that voted for *not* taking on  
this work in the SIMPLE WG.

If there are folks that were not present at the WG meeting that would  
like to voice their opinion to the contrary of what was agreed, please  
speak now.

Regards,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Erkki Harjula <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 04:15:44 +0200

The new "range" attribute, which was considered bad, got basically all 
the attention in today's session.  Anyway, that was only a small 
addition to the draft. Generally, expressing connectivity features in 
PIDF has got only positive feedback earlier. So, it would be a pity to 
disband this work completely and be satisfied with only the current 
"priority" attribute in PIDF for expressing the features of 
communication addresses. Mapping more than one features of a 
communication address (connectivity) to a single "priority" decimal 
number is impossible.

-Erkki

Hisham Khartabil wrote:
> (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ala-kurikka-simple-pidfconn-01.txt) 
> was presented. A poll was taken in the WG meeting asking the question 
> of whether the WG would like to take this draft on as a WG item. There 
> was an overwhelming majority that voted for *not* taking on this work 
> in the SIMPLE WG.
>

-- 
___________________________________________________________________
Erkki Harjula, Researcher
MediaTeam Oulu Group, University of Oulu
Erkki Koiso-Kanttilan katu 3, FIN-90014 University of Oulu, Finland
e-mail: [email-masked], http://www.mediateam.oulu.fi
tel. +358-8-5532543, mob. +358-50-3030478, fax. +358-8-5532534
___________________________________________________________________