Subject: [Simple] PIDFConn draft updated

From: Erkki Harjula <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:24:04 +0200

Hi everyone,

We have submitted an updated version of the draft "PIDFConn: Extension 
to the Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) for Expressing 
Connectivity Features", draft-ala-kurikka-simple-pidfconn-01. The direct 
link to the document: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ala-kurikka-simple-pidfconn-01.txt

The changes were made based on the feedback we got in the Vancouver 
meeting, mainly focusing on the additional "range" attribute in the 
<throughput> element. There are now also use cases as concrete examples 
of PIDFConn usage. We look forward to any comments, corrections, 
complaints or additions, especially concerning the newly introduced 
attribute.

-Erkki

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Jussi Ala-Kurikka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:58:48 +0200

> meeting, mainly focusing on the additional "range"
> attribute in the <throughput> element.
We wanted to make it possible to also include measured values. Theoretical
values can give some clue as to what kind of performance can be expected,
but in many cases the theoretical values are too optimistic. Measurements
could give more useful information, and maybe parameters other than
throughput could also be included.

> There are now also use cases as concrete examples of
> PIDFConn usage. We look forward 
> to any comments, corrections, complaints or additions, 
> especially concerning the newly introduced attribute.
The use cases are exemplary but by no means exhaustive. Also, they were
quite user/application centric. PIDFConn's applications in optimized
connectivity management were not discussed yet.

-Jussi