Subject: [Simple] nits of xcap-diff-03

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:25:47 +0200

Hi!

Overall the i-d looks good except the open issue, so some minor nits:
-as IANA registers schema uris, I'd propose to use
"urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:xml-patch-ops" urn as a schemaLocation value
in <xs:include>. (partial-pidf-format uses this as well and it works
with local files equally well).
-extension of <change-log> with <xs:any> is done without
processContents="lax". I'd prefer to use it as "Any unknown elements
MUST be ignored" aligns with it better imo. Of course the "signaling" of
these extensions is difficult.
-"Usage with an Event Package": "the client SHOULD perform a conditional
GET for each document." I'll assume this conditional == If-Match:
"foobar" in this case, not If-None-Match which is my typical
interpretation of a conditional GET. So it should be clarified. Also
"escape coded" -> "percent-encoded" doc-selector.

That said, a really proper initial synchronisation is difficult with
these two protocols (when those rapidly changing docs exist). Perhaps a
slightly better implementation would cache all notifies before it has
done all GETs but it is still far from perfect as it may not work
because the server is not mandated to send all patches atomically. So
either versioning with ETags (as noted in this i-d, i.e. like instance
manipulation with http in rfc3229...) or multipart mime would work, both
of which are a bit heavy and/or complex for the task... 

br,
Jari

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple