Subject: [Simple] Filtering: triggering functionality - filters for one-time use?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:50:24 +0100

Hi, I just want to make sure that I understand it correctly.

Because triggers are being evaluated according to last notification sent
to the watcher, then triggers like <changed from="closed" to="open">
will result in only one notification, because the trigger cannot be
fired again. If there is only <changed to="open"> trigger, then it will
be fired every time when the element changes to "open", even if the
change compared to the previously sent document is not a change really
("open" to "open").

Correct?

Thank you,

Silvestr Peknik
Software Specialist
TietoEnator

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:53:26 +0100

> change compared to the previously sent document is not a change really

No, not correct. Change from open to open is not a change. <changed 
to="open"> means change from anything other than open to open.

You can, however, have 2 triggers as follows:

<changed from="open">
<changed to="open">

Hisham