Subject: [Simple] Filtering: possible security issue?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:29:34 +0100

Hi,

draft-ietf-simple-event-filter-funct-05.txt says: "If polite blocking is
used by the notifier, the notifier may choose to ignore the filter, by
choosing to deliver notifications containing bogus information in the
unauthorised elements or attributes."

I think it can result in a security leak since the subscriber could
create such filter, that if ignored, gives the subscriber information
that he/she is polite blocked...

Could anyone please post any suggestions/comments?

Best regards,

Michal Burda

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:55:00 +0100

Ignoring the filter in this sense does not mean not applying it. it 
means that you replace the information that the filter is asking for in 
a <what> element with bogus information. For <trigger> elements, this 
doesnt apply i dont think.

Hisham