Subject: [Simple] OMA TR in xcap-list-usage

From: "Salvatore Loreto (JO/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:07:15 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

I sent this mail in July, but I didn't receive any answer...
so I am resending it. 

OMA founded a problem in the draft
draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list-usage-05, 
specifically in chapter 3.2 that defines resource-list schema as next:

<xs:element name="resource-lists"> 
<xs:complexType> 
<xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> 
<xs:element name="list" type="listType"/> </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType> </xs:element>

There is no definition of minOccurs so default value is 1.

This cause the problem when client want to delete the last URI List from
the index document. 

In this case server will raise "schema-validation-error". So, it is not
possible to have empty index document for resource-lists.

rls-services and common-policy schema allow document to be created
without service and rule elements (allow empty documents) because they
specified minOccurs="0".

I'd like know your opinion about this OMA tr.

thank you in advance 
Sal 

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:11:09 -0500

Egads, sorry I missed this last July.

The schema is consistent with the text, wihch does assume that there is 
at least one list in the document. However, I do see how that can be a 
problem in applications where the user removes one list and then creates 
a new one. As such, I think it makes sense to consider this as a bug and 
update the schema and wording in auth48 to allow for zero list elements.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

Salvatore Loreto (JO/LMF) wrote:
> OMA founded a problem in the draft draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list-usage-05,

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com