Subject: [Simple] XCAP root URI

From: Mircea Amarascu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:45:28 +0200

Hello,

I have a question regarding the XCAP root URI: how is it possible to 
differentiate
it from the document selector (like the node selector separator 
separates the document
selector from the node selector)? Let's take the following example:

For this XCAP root URI : http://xcap.example.com/xcap-root/foo and this 
document selector:
/resource-lists/users/sip:[email-masked]/index, an HTTP client would 
send, in
case of a PUT method:

PUT /xcap-root/foo/resource-lists/users/sip:[email-masked]/index
...
Host: xcap.example.com

Could I consider the list of supported applications (e.g. 
resource-lists), and use it
as a pivot to split the URI?

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:46:39 -0500

The idea is that the server would be configured with its root URI, so it 
would know to remove it to get at the rest of the XCAP URI.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com