Subject: [Simple] Response for MSRP abort message request

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 15:55:02 +0800

Hi All,

I have doubt-- Which response code is to be sent if the receiver gets
the abort message request (End line flag is #)..There are two scenario..

1. Sender sends the abort message request (containing end line flag #)

Consider the example

   MSRP a786hjs2 SEND
   To-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   Message-ID: 87652491
   Byte-Range: 1-8/26
   Content-Type: text/plain

   ABCDEFGH
   -------a786hjs2+

   MSRP a786hjs2 200 OK
   To-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   Byte-Range: 1-8/26
   -------a786hjs2+

   MSRP a786hjs2 SEND
   To-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   Message-ID: 87652491
   Byte-Range: 9-20/26
   Content-Type: text/plain

   IJKLMNOPQRST
   -------a786hjs2#

   MSRP a786hjs2 ---
   To-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   Byte-Range: 9-20/26
   -------a786hjs2#

What will be the response code for the second SEND request? According to
me it should be 200 OK in case there is no error at the receiver side
and 4xx if there is an error, at the receiver side for current chunk.

2)But I am little confused for the second case. sender sends abort
request after receiving 4XX response

   MSRP a786hjs2 SEND
   To-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   Message-ID: 87652491
   Byte-Range: 1-8/26
   Content-Type: text/plain

   ABCDEFGH
   -------a786hjs2+

   MSRP a786hjs2 4XX
   To-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   Byte-Range: 1-8/26
   -------a786hjs2+

   MSRP a786hjs2 SEND
   To-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   Message-ID: 87652491
   Byte-Range: 9-20/26
   Content-Type: text/plain

   IJKLMNOPQRST
   -------a786hjs2#

   MSRP a786hjs2 ---
   To-Path: msrp://atlanta.example.com:7654/jshA7weztas;tcp
   From-Path: msrp://biloxi.example.com:12763/kjhd37s2s20w2a;tcp
   Byte-Range: 9-20/26
   -------a786hjs2#

Here receiver sent a 4XX response and sender sends the messgae abort
request. What should be the response code which is to be sent by the
receiver for current chunk? 
Is it 4XX response (the same response code which was sent in response to
the previous chunk)
     OR 
200 OK (if there is no error in the current chunk parsing) or 4XX
response (if there is an error in parsing of the current chunk).

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Amit 

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple