Subject: [Simple] Updated view sharing document

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:55:31 -0500

I've updated the view sharing specification:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-02.txt

This update reflects changes based on Richard's review. Here is a summary:

* clarified that view sharing can be intra-domain or inter-domain

* removed hard requirement on TLS and hard requirement on checking of
   pre-configured list of trusted domains; instead the requirement is
   on doing an authorization check and using preconfigured auth lists
   is just one way.

* rules for building ACL require that the listed watchers are only
   allowed to be ones from the domain of the RLS. This was previously
   implied but never stated.

* added discussion on S/MIME interaction

* split security consideartions section in two, added bit on privacy
   considerations for presentities

* change terminology throughout document to be claer that the
   extension isn't presence specific.

* can only use view sharing as a notifier if RLS indicated support for
   it via an option tag in the SUBSCRIBE request.

* reorganized RLS processing section for better clarity

* changed MIME type of ACL to viewshare-acl since aclinfo is very
   generic and this is an ACL for view sharing.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   111 Wood Avenue South
Cisco Fellow                                   Iselin, NJ 08830
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple