Subject: [Simple] MSRP (RFC 4975) question

From: "Gilad Govrin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 07:28:17 +0200

Hi All,

I need clarifications for issues raised while implementing RFC 4975.

In section 7.1.1 the RFC is "strongly recommended" to use interruptible
mechanism, meaning to send chunks greater than 2048 and interrupt it
when others are waiting to send their own messages on the same
connection, and as a result split large messages into fewer chunks as
possible.

Based on this fact, Theoretically, senders that implemented
interruptible mechanism can send 4GB file in one chunk (assuming no one
interrupt it while sending).

The receiver may detect that he don't want to process this message the
moment he gets the headers for any reason, for example unsupported
content type.

The question is whether the receiver is allow to send reject response
while receiving chunk data, or he should wait for the end-line and only
then send this response?

Thanks in advance,

Gilad

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple