Subject: [Simple] Errata report for errata 2544 to RFC 5025, "Presence Authorization Rules"

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 01:32:47 -0500

======================================================================
RFC5025, "Presence Authorization Rules"
Source of RFC: simple (rai)

Errata ID: 2544

Status: Reported
Type: Editorial

Reported By: Tiberius Duluman
Date Reported: 2010-10-05

Section 3.3.2.12 says:

   bare:  This value indicates that the <user-input> element is to be
      retained.  However, any "idle-threshold" and "since" attributes
      are to be removed.  This value is assigned the numeric value of
      10.

It should say:

   bare:  This value indicates that the <user-input> element is to be
      retained.  However, any "idle-threshold" and "last-input" attributes
      are to be removed.  This value is assigned the numeric value of
      10.

Notes:

<user-input> does not have a "since" attribute defined.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended status:  (correct) Verified (to be published)

The "since" attribute was replaced by the "from" attribute in
draft-ietf-simple-rpid-06.txt (which became RFC 4479/4480) but that
change wasn't carried forward into RFC 5025.

Since this makes the specification of the privacy operations
incorrect, the correction should be published.

In addition, in section 5.1 (the XML schema), there are a number of
elements:

         <xs:attributeGroup ref="fromUntil"/>

All of these need to be corrected to:

         <xs:attributeGroup ref="dm:fromUntil"/>

because "fromUntil" is an attribute group definition in
"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model", which has the prefix "dm".
That namespace is defined in RFC 4479 section 5.1.2, via an include of
common-schema.xsd defined in section 5.1.1.
======================================================================

Dale