Subject: [sip-clf] draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-10: changes requested from IESG review

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:49:58 -0600

All: During the IESG review of draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement,
there was considerable feedback on why the draft was designated as
"Informational".  The IESG felt that the draft went beyond
being "Informational" since it actually defines both a problem
statement (Section 3) and the data model (Section 8).  Furthermore,
the data model defined in this document was to be actually implemented
by one or more representation drafts, and as such, they felt that
making this document a standards-track was warranted.

Clearly, as the work moved ahead, the problem-statement draft morphed
from being only a problem statement to containing more concrete issues
pertaining to the data model that the representation formats would
adhere to.  In that respect, I think the IESG is accurate.

Therefore, the designation of the draft has been changed to reflect
this; the new designation is that of a standards-track document.

There were other modifications as well:
  - New paragraph added at the end of Section 2 to make the intent
    of this document clear, i.e., it serves as a problem statement
    and also contains a data model.
  - Section 5.2 adds some new text in relation to Wireshark.
  - Section 10 (Security Considerations) has been expanded
    in minor ways to address additional issues related to the
    privacy of logs at rest and logs in motion.
  - Normative language added to the considerations in Section 10.
  - Minor word changes as requested during IESG review and fixing
    typos.

Version -10 is at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-10
and a diff from -09 is at
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-10.txt

Please review the changes so we can move the work ahead.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/